Esteemed Contributor

Re: King Charles III Official Portrait Released by Buckingham Palace

That's the official portrait? Um....not very endearing 

Honored Contributor

I think it looks better than seeing his close set eyes looking straight at the camera. 

Of course, he is working his official role now, but, I do believe he is posing for the picture.

Respected Contributor

I think the photo was meant to be a cinema verite style. He is deeply concentrating on his new job as king.
Honored Contributor

The King looks like a businessman attending to matters at hand at his , by the way beautiful desk.  It doesn't bother me, I approve. 

Respected Contributor

Picking up where his mother left off, still working despite going through immense grief..

ROYAL FAMILY/ twitter

His Majesty The King’s Red Box

The Red Box contains papers from government ministers in the UK and the Realms and from representatives from the Commonwealth and beyond. The documents are sent from the Private Secretary’s Office to The King, wherever he may be in residence.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth received Red Boxes, which were made upon her Coronation in 1953, almost every day of her reign, including weekends and holidays, but excluding Christmas Day.

Esteemed Contributor

"I can't bear this bloody thing... what they do, every stinking time"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Buckingham Palace releases picture of King Charles at work

NY Post: King Charles III has been pictured taking up his new state duties in Buckingham Palace for the first time.

In the image the monarch is seen looking into his official red box which contains documents from the British Government and the Commonwealth.

In a sign of royal continuity, the picture is taken in front of a photo of his late parents, Elizabeth and Philip, which the pair had gifted to King George VI in 1951 — the year before Elizabeth became queen.

During her own reign, Queen Elizabeth II was also regularly pictured with her official red box, which each monarch receives from their private secretary.

The image was taken in the Eighteenth Century Room at Buckingham Palace three days after Elizabeth died.

In a photo taken on Sept. 11, King Charles III carries out official government duties.

Honored Contributor

The article I read says that it is the official photo showing him carrying out his duties while still in the family mourning period.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I like this photo! I have never found Charles to be attractive, however he does look like his father in this pic...

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

Buckingham Palace releases picture of King Charles at work

NY Post: King Charles III has been pictured taking up his new state duties in Buckingham Palace for the first time.

In the image the monarch is seen looking into his official red box which contains documents from the British Government and the Commonwealth.

In a sign of royal continuity, the picture is taken in front of a photo of his late parents, Elizabeth and Philip, which the pair had gifted to King George VI in 1951 — the year before Elizabeth became queen.

During her own reign, Queen Elizabeth II was also regularly pictured with her official red box, which each monarch receives from their private secretary.

The image was taken in the Eighteenth Century Room at Buckingham Palace three days after Elizabeth died.

In a photo taken on Sept. 11, King Charles III carries out official government duties.

That picture of his parents looks odd, as though it's just floating in space. Has amyone else noticed?