Honored Contributor

Is going to be May 6th and will be a three day extravaganza which will be televised. 

Not to get in the way of the Princess Eugenie thread.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: King Charles' Coronation

@JaneMarple The OP of that thread mentioned the date of the coronation along with the news about Eugenia in her first post. It was Diana's wedding dress that was off.
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I truly hope that all three days are not televised on  all the major channels in this country.  Sorry, I just have no interest in watching this.

Honored Contributor

Every thread about the Royals, gets Diana brought into it. I've never been a fan of Diana; I'm more a fan of Queen Victoria and Churchill. In future, I may just bring them into those threads.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I truly hope that all three days are not televised on  all the major channels in this country.  Sorry, I just have no interest in watching this.

@Krimpette I completely agree. The fawning over the same monarchy we ditched in 1776 is so old.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

I may watch some of it.  I have mixed feelings about the whole royal family thing.  It is good for the UK in some aspects, and not so good in others.  I think years from now, when hopefully there are no more royal families, people may look back at the fact there was a royal family with massive wealth, yet not much power, and think, huh?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple  I watched Princess Elizabeth crowned Queen. The Tv was black and white but her coach was like Cinderella's. Everyone talked about it in school. 
  I'll watch some of the Coronation but it can't compare to Queen Elizabeth's! 
                  🤴🏼👑 🏰 

Valued Contributor

Not a fan of the royals. But I looked it up and well it happens to be Harry's son's birthday.

Oh well.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I think years from now, when hopefully there are no more royal families

@Puppy Lips  If you're talking world wide, not a snow ball chance in hell.  Most royal families go far back to anciant times when Europeans were just leaving their caves and/or mud straw huts.

European royalty are newbies in comparison.

If you are talking about England's royalty, I doubt thay will disappear years from now judging from the crowds when any of them make an appearance.  And lets not forget the massive crowds that showed up in poor weather (stood in line for hours in freezing weather) for Queen Elizabeth's wake, funeral, etc.

Just saying......... Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 I think you mean Eugenie!