Respected Contributor

Re: Kindle Users: Did you at one point think you could never read on an E-reader? And preferred a 'real' book?

glmama, thanks for starting this very interesting thread. I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments and found out stuff I didn't know. Every Kindle has different benefits, it seems.

Valued Contributor

Re: Kindle Users: Did you at one point think you could never read on an E-reader? And preferred a 'real' book?

Not applicable

YES!
Valued Contributor

Love that this thread continues. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies- Just bumpin' this up b/c Amazon has the regular Kindle on sale for. $49, and the PaperWhite is $149. I'm considering!
Valued Contributor

Scratch that-The PaperWhite is only $99.Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

If I only knew how to operate the Kindle Fire I got from QVC as a Christmas gift. I managed to download some books, but my screen gets darker and lighter while I read which is very annoying. Then, I'll try to 'turn' the page when a dictionary pops up. When I would like to look up the meaning of a word, I can't figure out how to make the dictionary come up. I also noticed that some of the downloads from the library have markings that say 'six highlighters' which distracts from my reading. Sure hoped it would be as easy as they showed on the QVC presentations.

Valued Contributor

On 1/22/2015 AuntG said:

If I only knew how to operate the Kindle Fire I got from QVC as a Christmas gift. I managed to download some books, but my screen gets darker and lighter while I read which is very annoying. Then, I'll try to 'turn' the page when a dictionary pops up. When I would like to look up the meaning of a word, I can't figure out how to make the dictionary come up. I also noticed that some of the downloads from the library have markings that say 'six highlighters' which distracts from my reading. Sure hoped it would be as easy as they showed on the QVC presentations.

That stinks, AuntG. I would imagine that you could call CS? Or maybe contact Amazon if you haven't already? I hope you get some help to figure it out.

Valued Contributor

On 1/22/2015 AuntG said:

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Does your model have the mayday button? If so this would be the best way to get started. I highly recommend this. If not, call cs and they can get you through it.