Valued Contributor

Re: Kindle Users: Did you at one point think you could never read on an E-reader? And preferred a 'real' book?

Thanks, bridge. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Kindle Users: Did you at one point think you could never read on an E-reader? And preferred a 'real' book?

I was a hold out and had my Fire almost a year before I broke the seal on the ebook part.Well after that I never looked back!!! It's just so easy to get any book....in seconds. It's nice to not have to prop the book open a ,or up,or find my place.I love that I can try a free sample before I buy a book.A definition is only a touch away.The book deals are fun too.I love to make a cup of tea first think every morning and check the kindle daily deals.Sometimes it's a"meh";but sometimes it's a good selection. I was going to order a paperwhite;but read there is supposed to be a new model out soon. Anyone heard about this?? Aher thing is it saves so much space in my home.Dusting books is not fun and kindle books are dust free. It's easy to take my whole library anywhere.

Forgot to mention the ability to change font size...the plusses just keep coming to mind.lol.

Honored Contributor

One of the best things going is the Whispersync where I can read and listen and switch back and forth. Also, I can read something on one device and sync it on to another when I'm somewhere else. For running around and waiting here and there, I keep the little cheapie Kindle in my purse, and I can always pick up a book there if I sync it first.

Valued Contributor

On 2/24/2014 Sooner said:

One of the best things going is the Whispersync where I can read and listen and switch back and forth. Also, I can read something on one device and sync it on to another when I'm somewhere else. For running around and waiting here and there, I keep the little cheapie Kindle in my purse, and I can always pick up a book there if I sync it first.

Sooner-I'm going to investigate Whispersync-Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Thanks, birken baby. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I didn't think I'd like reading on a Kindle at all. I much prefer it. In fact, I have a big hardback book that I bought and haven't read it yet. I want to buy the Kindle form even though I have the actual book. That's how much I love it.

Valued Contributor

On 2/25/2014 mima said:

I didn't think I'd like reading on a Kindle at all. I much prefer it. In fact, I have a big hardback book that I bought and haven't read it yet. I want to buy the Kindle form even though I have the actual book. That's how much I love it.

This is a good endorsement, Mima.Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Let me assure you, gimama....you will not miss holding a real book. Having a kindle and being able to peruse amazon is like being in a huge candy store, only this 'candy', (books) has no calories. I could do without my tv or radio, but I'll never part with my kindle. I have a kindle touch (with ads) that I've had for a few years now. I was worried about the ads bothering me, but they're not a problem at all.

Valued Contributor

Hi Tyak-Thank you. Smiley Happy I have been a long-time Amazon shopper. And my older son already has one that we got for me a few years ago. I guess it's the older-style (meaning, NOT touch-screen). If I DO get one I'll probably purchase the PaperWhite. Whatever the current, basic version is. I don't need the other iPad-type functions. But yes, Amazon to me is already a place that I peruse almost daily and purchase from frequently, so I guess I will really be that kid in a candy store when/if I get one!

Contributor

I was one of those doubters! I love to read more than anything and swore for several years that I could not and would not give up the feeling of a real book in my hands. My husband tho, as usual, did not listen and got me a Kindle for Christmas one year ago. I LOVE it!!!!! I still do read a real book at times, but I find myself reading many more on the Kindle. Its just so convenient and definately keeps my home more clutter free. : )

I think you should at least give it a try, it does not mean that you can never read a real book again, its just an added way to do what you love. ; ) Just wondering if anyone gets Kindle wrists now and then tho....I find my arm that I hold the Kindle in one handed is starting to feel sore now and then, like when I read for too long at a stretch. Kind of like carpal tunnel, only not. ; ) Not bad enough to give up the Kindle...just curious.