Respected Contributor

As some here may remember I started sitting with my 6 yo grandson at his home last August for virtual kindergarten due to Covid. My daughter was working from home (still working from home) so I drove the 20 miles daily. Well today was graduation day and I feel so blessed to have been able to be there for him during the school year. He's now officially a 1st grader !  Graduation was on zoom and the kids were all so excited. Hats off to the teacher for her dedication to those children !  Now grandma can relax at home, no more getting up at 6:30 am to be there for class. No regrets !  

Respected Contributor

Great job @Goodie2shoes. You've much to be proud of, in helping this young man prepare for 1st grade. You've also created some wonderful memories. Yes, now relax. Your work is done -- for now.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Congratulations to you both on a job well done!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for enriching your grandson's life. 

Honored Contributor

You should get a diploma and a bouquet of roses, for you are the most devoted of grandmas.  I hope your daughter has a reward for you.  She owes you bigtime.  I'm sure it gave you a lot of satisfaction to see your grandson successfully complete kindergarten.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

As some here may remember I started sitting with my 6 yo grandson at his home last August for virtual kindergarten due to Covid. My daughter was working from home (still working from home) so I drove the 20 miles daily. Well today was graduation day and I feel so blessed to have been able to be there for him during the school year. He's now officially a 1st grader !  Graduation was on zoom and the kids were all so excited. Hats off to the teacher for her dedication to those children !  Now grandma can relax at home, no more getting up at 6:30 am to be there for class. No regrets !  

Here are your flowers grandma, 🌺🌷🥀🌹💐. You did good .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Hats off to you too👍

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Kindergarten Graduation

[ Edited ]

Sounds like Grandma graduated also! School's out! Enjoy your summer. Bless you for helping your grandson (and his mom!) through this time. Many of us did similar things to help our grands...it was a joy but exhausting! What a shame they had to graduate via zoom. I hope his first grade experience is in person so he can be with new friends. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Kindergarten Graduation

[ Edited ]

@Duckncoverwrote: it was a joy but exhausting! What a shame they had to graduate via zoom. I hope his first grade experience is in person so he can be with new friends. 

Thanks it was a joy but also exhausting !  Never the less, I had to be there for him and for my daughter and son in law who works long hrs.  Returning to a in class setting next year will be good for him. He is an only child so he doesn't have another play mate at home. Meeting new friends will much improve his social skills.