Respected Contributor

Re: Kimberly Wells, Brian Kessler and Kristine Kvanli are no longer on ShopHQ.

I also remember when Kimberly Wells was on HSN. I believe that was during the time-frame she's saying she was with Evine.

Oh, well.

Respected Contributor

@CamdenCat wrote:

I liked Brian Kessler too; he seemed very down to earth. I wish they would retire Lynn Schacher and Mellisa Miner; Lynn Schacher's voice is annoying.

Lynn seems nice but I usually can't understand her..  Just able to catch a few words here and there.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm surprised about Brian.  He was on air a lot, he did a lot of shows and I liked him.  I think he did a great job.  Kristine and Kimberly haven't been doing very many shows lately.  I rarely saw them.  I never cared for either one as a show host so I am not surprised that they are gone  Speaking of ShopHQ; Paula Deen will be selling a line of jewelry on JTV.  That woman has more lives than a cat...LOL   When one shopping channel door closes, she finds another.  

@chrystaltree ...Paula Deen  is going to sell jewelry?   Have to hand it to her, she just keeps rolling along.  Have they mentioned that the jewelry is her design?  Should be interesting, going from pots and pans to jewelry. Woman Surprised

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm surprised about Brian.  He was on air a lot, he did a lot of shows and I liked him.  I think he did a great job.  Kristine and Kimberly haven't been doing very many shows lately.  I rarely saw them.  I never cared for either one as a show host so I am not surprised that they are gone  Speaking of ShopHQ; Paula Deen will be selling a line of jewelry on JTV.  That woman has more lives than a cat...LOL   When one shopping channel door closes, she finds another.  

@chrystaltree ...Paula Deen  is going to sell jewelry?   Have to hand it to her, she just keeps rolling along.  Have they mentioned that the jewelry is her design?  Should be interesting, going from pots and pans to jewelry. Woman Surprised

@Lindsays Grandma 

They didn't say that Paula designed the jewelry.  They just announded her jewelry line.  I doubt that she designed it or had any input in the designs because this thing happened so fast.  It's only been a couple of months since ShopHQ dropped and it would take much, much longer than that to bring a line of jewelry from design sketches to the customer.  It's probably JTV jewelry and Paula Deen will be the face of the line.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know who the 2 men are, but I don't know how anyone could listen to Kimberly Wells for more than 60 seconds. 

Awful voice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always enjoyed Brian Kessler, especially when he'd work with Laura Duffek and Jorge, the Waterford rep.  They had fun.  Kimberly Wells - well, she was okay;  Maybe Daniel Green would take over her "After Dark" duties.  And Kristine Kvanli won't be missed -  because I've never heard of her!

Regular Contributor

I caught a food show yesterday and Laura was very rude to Deb.  Deb was demonstrating a blender and wanted to show salsa and Laura said "no you are going to do the soup as we did not see that last time".  Deb being the professional she is put down the salsa and picked up the soup but couldn't say a word about it as Laura took a call.  The entire place is going down hill quickly.  I will miss Kimberly and Brian but think its time to stop watching. 

Trusted Contributor

@aunt bea wrote:

I caught a food show yesterday and Laura was very rude to Deb.  Deb was demonstrating a blender and wanted to show salsa and Laura said "no you are going to do the soup as we did not see that last time".  Deb being the professional she is put down the salsa and picked up the soup but couldn't say a word about it as Laura took a call.  The entire place is going down hill quickly.  I will miss Kimberly and Brian but think its time to stop watching. 

I like Laura but she tends to be controlling. She's always telling the cameraman what to do. She was great with Brian though. 

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Speaking of ShopHQ; Paula Deen will be selling a line of jewelry on JTV.  That woman has more lives than a cat...LOL   When one shopping channel door closes, she finds another.  

Deen's kitchen and home lines are still on ShopHQ, and her sons' products are still there, too.

Super Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

It has been a very long time that I watched or even looked up ShopHQ, actually it was still Evine.

Nothing interest me at all over there any more period - their website, their products, not their shows or their hosts either.

I did purchase quite a bit over the years starting back when it was Shop NBC.

Looked forward to Sonia and Michael back then for excellent quality pieces at 

excellent prices.

I started out with them in the mid-90s, when they were still ValueVision -- they had the best gold prices of the big three channels. There's a lot of their jewelry in my jewelry box.

I really love their kitchen line, Cook's Companion. I have a lot of their cookware and bakeware, as well as small appliances. They use ceramic nonstick instead of nonstick that has PTFE (polytetrafluoroethelene), which emits gases when only slightly overheated which are deadly to pet birds. QVC still uses traditional nonstick in a lot of its products, and I refuse to buy it - I won't endanger my parrots' lives.