Honored Contributor

Re: KimK Allows Punishment for Touching 'Elf on Shelf'

I don't understand the EOS.  Never got into it.  I have a 31 year old cousin who posts on FB many pics of her ELF every December.  I think it's strange.

Honored Contributor

LOL --- a grave for the Elf on the Shelf!  Maybe the K's are actually onto something: namely, killing off this weird elf fad.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@jackthebear  I think parents forget the bigger picture sometimes. 

If a three year old doesn't suffer consequences for a minor rule break, the lesson taught is the kid can do what they want and nothing the parent says means anything. 

Then when they try and enforce the bigger ones especially the ones that save lives like don't walk away from me, don't play in the street, don't talk to strangers, etc... he's going to ignore those too and then what when the worst happens?

Let him suffer age appropriately, repent (I'd make him write an apology letter to Santa) and then maybe Santa will give him a second chance and a second elf but he's got to sweat it out first to learn what is said goes 100% of the time. 

As my grandmother said, Put in the discipline early and you'll enjoy your kids for the rest of your life.  And so will everyone else.      

How many children have you raised?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I don't like anything about the elf, creepy all around. However, if you are doing the elf and the rules, breaking them should not go unpunished. A three year old understands don't touch.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@jackthebear  I think parents forget the bigger picture sometimes. 

If a three year old doesn't suffer consequences for a minor rule break, the lesson taught is the kid can do what they want and nothing the parent says means anything. 

Then when they try and enforce the bigger ones especially the ones that save lives like don't walk away from me, don't play in the street, don't talk to strangers, etc... he's going to ignore those too and then what when the worst happens?

Let him suffer age appropriately, repent (I'd make him write an apology letter to Santa) and then maybe Santa will give him a second chance and a second elf but he's got to sweat it out first to learn what is said goes 100% of the time. 

As my grandmother said, Put in the discipline early and you'll enjoy your kids for the rest of your life.  And so will everyone else.      

How many children have you raised?

She doesn't have to raise children to have an opinion. I'm sure you know she hasn't raised any, that I know of.

Coal for you...

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Elf on the shelf:  a spy who watches what kids do ---is really weird and I have another word but that will be censored.

EotS is no better than believing in a man who knows who has been good or bad and sneaks into your house in the middle of the night 

Or someone that has a teddy bear looking at a computer like it understand what's on the screen.

Your'e very cynicle.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow  I appreciate but please ignore.  It's none of her business and totally off topic.  If she has a different opinion to share, she should just do it and not personally attack another poster. It does nothing to enhance the conversation.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  I just got here and I've already given out coal twice. If this keeps up I won't have any for Christmas morning.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the true Spirit of Christmas, digging a grave for an Elf you weren't supposed to touch.

HO HO HO!