Honored Contributor

Re: KimK Allows Punishment for Touching 'Elf on Shelf'

I'm telling you, every day in every way my belief that people are NUTS is reaffirmed time and time again... And, in this instance, I don't just mean the K-Cups...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

This is the first I've heard about the incident with Kim and Saint.  But, the late night comics have had a good time goofing on the Elf on the Shelf: "He's a Snitch!!" and "A fun way to teach your kids they live in a police state." Yikes !!!

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

Elf on the shelf:  a spy who watches what kids do ---is really weird and I have another word but that will be censored.

EotS is no better than believing in a man who knows who has been good or bad and sneaks into your house in the middle of the night 

Or someone that has a teddy bear looking at a computer like it understand what's on the screen.

Your'e very cynicle.

I am very cynical and own it 

and JTB likes to watch the tv

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@jackthebear  I think parents forget the bigger picture sometimes. 

If a three year old doesn't suffer consequences for a minor rule break, the lesson taught is the kid can do what they want and nothing the parent says means anything. 

Then when they try and enforce the bigger ones especially the ones that save lives like don't walk away from me, don't play in the street, don't talk to strangers, etc... he's going to ignore those too and then what when the worst happens?

Let him suffer age appropriately, repent (I'd make him write an apology letter to Santa) and then maybe Santa will give him a second chance and a second elf but he's got to sweat it out first to learn what is said goes 100% of the time. 

As my grandmother said, Put in the discipline early and you'll enjoy your kids for the rest of your life.  And so will everyone else.      

How many children have you raised?

She doesn't have to raise children to have an opinion. I'm sure you know she hasn't raised any, that I know of.

Coal for you...

Where did I say that a person has no right to an opinion?? I have no idea if she has raised children, thus my question. 

Sorry.

I thought you were being snarky because you know she doesn't have children.

Sorry again.

Honored Contributor

I dunno....just this afternoon,

I feel like the whole world is burning around us &

everyone is worried about Kim’s Elf on a Shelf. 

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

She's a moron.

@PhilaLady1 ..... OH YES .... and a very sad excuse for a mother ... she is the moron of all morons!!!! .... naming your kids Saint, North & South should immediately qualify her to be institutionalized for life!,,,

Honored Contributor

elf-on-a-shelf-creators.jpg

Former QVC host Christa Pitts, her twin sister, and their mother are the creators of Elf on the Shelf.  

Honored Contributor

Straight out of Macbeth  @Bri369

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom......think I have to agree with you on that one of today.....