Honored Contributor

Re: Kim and Kanye might suffocate Psalm by accident

@golding76 wrote:

In all honesty, I thought the photo was staged and therefore did not fret over all the puffy bedding.

To my mind, this was their attempt at an "artistic" presentation of their new son to the world, much like North's first photo had her swaddled, papoose-style.

I could be wrong, but for some reason I thought this was an attempt at an artful introduction of their new child.

@golding76, I'm with you. It seems that many are a bit too quick to condemn them based on who they are.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Check the pic on the baby name thread.  They are breaking every rule in the book about how to put a baby to sleep.  I'm posting this to remind other new parents to find out how to do this.  Have you ever met anyone who has lost a child to SIDS?  The pain lasts for years.  

Yes.  My husband first cousin.  It was his second child.  His name was Colin.  He died at 2 months.  Found him in the crib.  He was not on his back.  On his side. Like my son.  They were both born on the same day.  I felt like I had to tip toe around them.  Avoiding saying his name. My aunt would talk about him.  I couldn't.  Too much of a coward. 

Honored Contributor

What a stupid name.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My best friend lost her baby to sids 52 years ago. It was terrible. They arrested her husband. It was their first child

It traumatised her husband so badly, he would never even hold his other children. They didn't know much about it ,( sids)when this happened. He was the gentlest person you could ever know

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

In all honesty, I thought the photo was staged and therefore did not fret over all the puffy bedding.

To my mind, this was their attempt at an "artistic" presentation of their new son to the world, much like North's first photo had her swaddled, papoose-style.

I could be wrong, but for some reason I thought this was an attempt at an artful introduction of their new child.

@golding76, I'm with you. It seems that many are a bit too quick to condemn them based on who they are.

Yep. Gotta love the scorn. All the experts who just know that the children aren't cared for by their parents, that everybody is partying and the kids are props raised by nannies. What a joke. These kids are obviously very well loved, very well cared for by their parents and their big extended family with loads of cousins their age. Furthermore, these kids have already seen and done things the naysayers here (and their children and grandchildren) will never, ever do in their lives.

Honored Contributor

Don't confuse a photo op with real life.  There children are cared for by a team of professional nannies who know how to care for baby Psalm.  He's in good hands.

Honored Contributor

Doing housework, pulling weeds, washing dishes, mowing the lawn; none of this makes you a good person.  Neither does not doing those things.  

Good people come in all genders, colors and bank account levels.   So do bad ones. 

Honored Contributor

Just because a person is stinkin rich doesn't mean they don't do anything.  They play with their kids, feed them themselves, do certain chores and I know they have passions like gardening, cooking and such.  They shop for their own groceries. i have family in Thousand Oaks and the city is full of rich celebrities, and those that aren't as rich.  They volunteer, shop, are seen at counsil meetings, events. Some very wealthy celebrities do do some of their own cleaning.  I heard mainly in between cleanings, and not to leave private things and messes for housekeepers.  Many do hire cooks a few days a week. But also cook themselves, as they love it.   I think thats what Giada de Laurentis did when she started out, cook, 

Just because people are rich beyond what most of us dream of  doesnt mean they dont take care of their kids as much as they can.  Most average working people I know have sitters or nannys because, who is taking care of kids while they work???  Why would someone who is filthy rich do any different?  You can see celebrities walking their kids, pushing prams and eating out or getting ice cream at mcConnells, salt and straw often in Studio City, Beverly Hills,Santa monica and there abouts often!.  

Super Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

There are too many blankets.  Babies aren't supposed to sleep on their tummies.

I'm sure they have very little to do with their children anyway.  I don't see them running after kids or picking up toys or handling a 2am feeding.

That is this generation.  When I was a baby, my siblings and I were put on our stomachs, which was thought to be the best.  When I had my babies, the thinking was to put babies to sleep on their sides.  I would roll a receiving blanket to tuck behind them to keep them on their side.  The latest research suggests putting babies to sleep on their backs.  Of course this comes with its own set of problems.  Now tummy time must be scheduled.  Aside from making sure the baby is getting enough time to strengthen the head, neck and shoulder muscles, the baby can get flat spots in the head and in extreme cases they may need to wear a helmet.  Time in car seats and infant seats is adding to flat spots. 

Breastfeeding can reduce SIDS deaths by up to 50%.  When the popularity of breastfeeding was at its lowest in the 50s-70s, babies were sleeping on their backs.  When breastfeeding increased in popularity, babies were sleeping on their sides.  I think there is probably a combination of factors contributing to SIDS.  

I do think there has to be a genetic component to some of the SIDS deaths.  I had a great aunt that lost three babies (her third, fourth, and fifth) to SIDS.  She then did have a sixth that lived.  The babies would be in their 80s now, so there was no genetic testing at that time.  Those deaths just remained a mystery.  Fortunately, research continues. 

Honored Contributor

?  We are now policing how Psalm is cared for?  Life is too short.