Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kim and Kanye might suffocate Psalm by accident

I would guess that picture was staged for the Internet. Im sure they know what to do. This just reminded me, my kids who are adults long already, were put on their stomachs, had a blanket over them and bumper pads and were fine. I know they dont allow those things now. But I was thinking now days, when they put them on their back now what if they throw up and choke? Anyway Im sure they have help but they do bother with their kids because they always post pics doing things with all the kids and taking them on vacations etc. So yeah they have help but they still raise their own kids. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U wrote:

I would guess that picture was staged for the Internet. Im sure they know what to do. This just reminded me, my kids who are adults long already, were put on their stomachs, had a blanket over them and bumper pads and were fine. I know they dont allow those things now. But I was thinking now days, when they put them on their back now what if they throw up and choke? Anyway Im sure they have help but they do bother with their kids because they always post pics doing things with all the kids and taking them on vacations etc. So yeah they have help but they still raise their own kids. 

Shoekitty said

i always put babys on tummy back in the day.  We were always taught that!  Spitting up milk was one reason.  The other reason my mom said they put babies on stomach was so they didnt get a flat  back of skull.  Lol.  They would turn the baby during the day while awake so as to not put pressure on back of skull, kind of like turning a rotisserre chicken to brown. Lol. Remember in the 40's they were into not spoiling babies, so they had to stay in crib a lot.  No wonder we baby boomers rebelled in the 60's, lol!!!

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

My best friend lost her baby to sids 52 years ago. It was terrible. They arrested her husband. It was their first child

It traumatised her husband so badly, he would never even hold his other children. They didn't know much about it ,( sids)when this happened. He was the gentlest person you could ever know

SIDS has been around since the beginning our our race as humans.  They didn't arrest my cousin, but of course he and later the mother were questioned.  They just about had too.  Any sudden death of a child usually results in at least questioning.  Colin remains a blank space in that family. A child that was there, then gone. It was the worst time in my life.  To this day I some times wondered what he would have been like, how smart he would have been (his father would later work for the World Health Organizaiton)  A brilliant man.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I was wondering today just how much is done for all of them... do they ever wash a dish without help???  Clean a bathroom??? vacume??? Pull weeds?  Must be a whole different type of life when you are a Billionare. Can not even imagine!

@SeaMaiden.  If I had their money I wouldn’t do any of that stuff either. LoL

@proudlyfromNJ      Yes, hard to say how that much money might change you... I just can not imagine doing NOTHING>  but , then I am far from a billionare!

@SeaMaiden. Didn’t mean I would do nothing. I have quite a few hobbies. But none include cleaning the house. Do that under protest!

Me too !  Love a clean house , but don't really enjoy cleaning it!    If someone else was going to do it id be all for it lol

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw that picture and cringed. My cousin lost a child to SIDS. It has affected her entire life, even as a grandmother at this point.