Respected Contributor

Re: Kim and Kanye might suffocate Psalm by accident

@depglass wrote:

Check the pic on the baby name thread.  They are breaking every rule in the book about how to put a baby to sleep.  I'm posting this to remind other new parents to find out how to do this.  Have you ever met anyone who has lost a child to SIDS?  The pain lasts for years.  

Your reminder post didn't list the guidelines. I am posting them for you:

AAP recommendations on creating a safe sleep environment include:

• Place the baby on his or her back on a firm sleep surface such as a crib or bassinet with a tight-fitting sheet.
  • Avoid use of soft bedding, including crib bumpers, blankets, pillows and soft toys. The crib should be bare.
  • Share a bedroom with parents, but not the same sleeping surface, preferably until the baby turns 1 but at least for the first six months. Room-sharing decreases the risk of SIDS by as much as 50 percent.
  • Avoid baby's exposure to smoke, alcohol and illicit drugs. 
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I didn't see the picture, nor really care. I'm sure that whenever this kid's picture is taken with its parents, it's only a short photo-op and the nannies rush in afterwards to change things. One good way of looking at it is that few of the Kardashian kids have contact w/ their families. Maybe there is hope for that generation.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I was wondering today just how much is done for all of them... do they ever wash a dish without help???  Clean a bathroom??? vacume??? Pull weeds?  Must be a whole different type of life when you are a Billionare. Can not even imagine!

@SeaMaiden.  If I had their money I wouldn’t do any of that stuff either. LoL

@proudlyfromNJ      Yes, hard to say how that much money might change you... I just can not imagine doing NOTHING>  but , then I am far from a billionare!

Respected Contributor

HUH??? WHAT??? Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I was wondering today just how much is done for all of them... do they ever wash a dish without help???  Clean a bathroom??? vacume??? Pull weeds?  Must be a whole different type of life when you are a Billionare. Can not even imagine!

@SeaMaiden.  If I had their money I wouldn’t do any of that stuff either. LoL

@proudlyfromNJ      Yes, hard to say how that much money might change you... I just can not imagine doing NOTHING>  but , then I am far from a billionare!

@SeaMaiden. Didn’t mean I would do nothing. I have quite a few hobbies. But none include cleaning the house. Do that under protest!

Honored Contributor

I noticed the same thing when I saw the first picture!
Honored Contributor

Wonder how often they even see their children unless it is for a photo-op. So sad for children to grown up in such an environment.
Honored Contributor

“Back is best”.
Valued Contributor

@depglass, you are right in saying that pain lasts forever with a SIDS death. It’s never a bad time to remind parents, grandparents, or other caregivers about the causes of SIDS that can be prevented. 

Honored Contributor

In all honesty, I thought the photo was staged and therefore did not fret over all the puffy bedding.

To my mind, this was their attempt at an "artistic" presentation of their new son to the world, much like North's first photo had her swaddled, papoose-style.

I could be wrong, but for some reason I thought this was an attempt at an artful introduction of their new child.