Trusted Contributor

Kim Richards gets plea deal

[ Edited ]

A shame. She should have gotten jail time....now she will just continue to drink and use without fully getting help. She needs long term rehab....not AA meetings....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/kim-richards-plea-deal-for-drunken-arrest-banned-from-beverly-...

Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Richards gets plea deal

Of course she did, stars are treated like royalty in LA, with all the revenue they bring in to the state.

Just like if you or I had caused a death by vehicle, we would've been charged for that, at least for an 'involuntary' crime.

I lived there for 7 years and it's eye-opening what they get away with sometimes.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

disgraceful for her, harmful for the community.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Of course she did, stars are treated like royalty in LA, with all the revenue they bring in to the state.

Just like if you or I had caused a death by vehicle, we would've been charged for that, at least for an 'involuntary' crime.

I lived there for 7 years and it's eye-opening what they get away with sometimes.

You're correct, and it's not only unfair but also ridiculous what "stars" get away with. They can basically commit crimes, including murder, and only get a slap on the wrist.

Respected Contributor

It will be interesting to see what happens w/Caitlyn Jenner's car accident and the fatalities involved.

Respected Contributor

The older Lindsey Lohan!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

You're correct, and it's not only unfair but also ridiculous what "stars" get away with. They can basically commit crimes, including murder, and only get a slap on the wrist.

It is truly disgusting. I'm not out for blood on anyone, but this disease needs help. It could kill her and others unless she gets proper treatment.

Why are the judges, etc. so easy to forgive a "personality" ?

It will be their fault as well when others die ,in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

What kind of jail time should she have gotten?  Most of her offenses were misdemeanors, right?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure she should have gotten jail time for what she did -  a drunken meltdown and resisted arrest - unless of course she injured any law enforcement while they tried to subdue her.

However, I do not like the fact that her atty is trying to get her out of the 'community labor' part of her plea deal, instead asking for community service.

One stipulation of the agreement that still remains unresolved, however, is Richards’ lawyer’s request that his client serve community service as opposed to community labor. Her lawyer claims the reality star sustained a foot injury that prevents her from performing physical tasks.

Valued Contributor

Looks like Kim did not accept the plea deal and is set for pre trial sept 14th.

http://www.people.com/article/kim-richards-skips-court-appearance-rejects-plea-deal