Trusted Contributor

Kim Potter found guilty on both charges

[ Edited ]

The former police officer, Kim Potter, was found guilty of both charges. Ist and 2nd degree manslaughter. The judge is speaking to the jury and has called them heroes. I don't know what to think, I don't think she has a good defense attorney. The judge said she is proud of the jury and says they should be proud of themselves as well. Bizarre to me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kim Potter found guilty on both charges

I don’t think she had a very good defense.
Honored Contributor

Another surprise, did not think that would be the verdict.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I thought she would be found guilty on count 2.

I don't think it's odd that the judge praised the jury. She was proud they perservered through the pandemic and then the addition of omicron and they did their civic duty.

Honored Contributor

I thought it would be a hung jury.

Honored Contributor

Having been married to a law enforcement officer and knowing what they put up with, I feel very badly for her.  If the man they were trying to arrest hadn't acted like a jerk, he'd be alive and Kim wouldn't have been on trial.  She has my sympathy; A tragic accident that could have been avoided.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The judge doesn't like her. She is going to be taken into custody now without bail until sentencing in Jan or Feb. She has already put up $100k bail when she was first arrested. I think the way the judge feigned over the jury was a bit much, especially in front of the defendant. I think she should have been allowed to spend Christmas with her family before going to jail. Hasn't she already been in jail since April when this awful shooting took place? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Duckncover wrote:

The judge doesn't like her. She is going to be taken into custody now without bail until sentencing in Jan or Feb. she has already put up $100k bail when she was first arrested. I think the way the judge feigned over the jury was a bit much, especially in front of the defendant. I think she should have been allowed to spend Christmas with her family before sentencing. 

If the situation were reversed and the kid accidentally killed her, would you feel the same?

Honored Contributor

I would have voted with the jury.  I was expecting a hung jury.

Honored Contributor

What makes you say the judge didn't like the defendant, @Duckncover?