Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Porter (Diddy's ex) Died from Pneumonia

@KingstonsMom  I would never be that petty.  Smiley Happy

Actually, in the above article, the medical examiner's actual quotations do not say anything about the flu.  It seems like the article writer filled that point in and made the assumption and ran with it.  If so, the article writer is an idiot. 

That was my one and only point to be careful what you read.  Unless it is a direct quote from a medical professional, an assumption by a lay person can be very misleading and sometimes downright wrong in the filler.   

My guess is this was a complication of the flu and, while the differentiation may be insignificant to most, I just had to point it out so no one thinks antibiotics are the thing to get for a flu virus.  Totally ineffective medication for a virus and they are over prescribed as it is which is why they are not working well anymore but that is for another thread...Smiley Wink  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Laura14

You know I love your amusing posts and I'm not trying to be argumentative nor disrespect your profession, but this is not info from a "journalist" or "media guy", it's from the LA Medical Examiner, a Dr., which I'm sure has many years of expertise/experience in determining 'cause of death' vs. experience in the pharmacy field.

The Medical Examiner's report stating this can be found on multiple sites.

I hope we can just agree to disagree on this one and remain posting friends!Heart

If I may @KingstonsMom and @Laura14, I think it just depends on how you read the medical examiner's report.  Technically, he (or she) is correct....the bacterial infection can be caused by the viral infection as @Laura14 and I have both stated, it is because the immune system is suppressed from the viral infection that sets the stage for the pneumonia to occur.  Without the viral infection, the secondary bacterial infection would not have occurred.  However, the specific causative microbe for the pneumonia is a bacteria (in this case) that is different from the specific virus that caused the viral infection.

Ok, so is that clear as mud??  Woman LOL

In other words, the medical examiner isn't saying the bacterial pneumonia is caused by a virus, just the viral infection set the stage for a bacterial infection.  The medical examiner could have been more clear in his statement for sure!! 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota@Laura14@KingstonsMom

thank you all so very much!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Laura14

You know I love your amusing posts and I'm not trying to be argumentative nor disrespect your profession, but this is not info from a "journalist" or "media guy", it's from the LA Medical Examiner, a Dr., which I'm sure has many years of expertise/experience in determining 'cause of death' vs. experience in the pharmacy field.

The Medical Examiner's report stating this can be found on multiple sites.

I hope we can just agree to disagree on this one and remain posting friends!Heart

If I may @KingstonsMom and @Laura14, I think it just depends on how you read the medical examiner's report.  Technically, he (or she) is correct....the bacterial infection can be caused by the viral infection as @Laura14 and I have both stated, it is because the immune system is suppressed from the viral infection that sets the stage for the pneumonia to occur.  Without the viral infection, the secondary bacterial infection would not have occurred.  However, the specific causative microbe for the pneumonia is a bacteria (in this case) that is different from the specific virus that caused the viral infection.

Ok, so is that clear as mud??  Woman LOL

In other words, the medical examiner isn't saying the bacterial pneumonia is caused by a virus, just the viral infection set the stage for a bacterial infection.  The medical examiner could have been more clear in his statement for sure!! 

@pitdakota

I've had pneumonia a few times and this is exactly how my ENT (who I have great respect for) explained it to me.

Twice, the pneumonia snuck up on me while I was battling bronchitis.  And one time, all of a sudden I had difficulty breathing which scared the you-now-what outta me.

Trusted Contributor

How very sad.  Young mom, beautiful girl.  Tragic. 

Pneumonia is no joke.  I watched my mother go through it - She caught it while she was in the hospital.  I watched her gasp for breath for days before the antibiotic kicked in.  It was a horrific experience to watch.  She was at the mercy of the antibiotic and we were all helpless.  We could just sit, console and watch, pray.  

May this young beautiful girl rest in peace.  Please everyone stay healthy!  Once you've had pneumonia you are more suceptible to its recurrence.  Getting a pneumonia shot is not a bad idea.