3E9E2987-499D-49E6-8E40-3604922CBEE2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Porter (Diddy's ex) Died from Pneumonia

66D08B34-0F2F-483D-A6D4-46D69C4D1E1C.jpeg

E4C6438C-B182-45AD-A201-669950CDBAB5.jpeg

8A4C2BC4-13AF-482B-B9ED-A4D9FE0B13FD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Guys, nowhere in this article was the flu ever mentioned. That was added as a comment.

Because it was, I made the observation that she apparently did not have the flu and only had bacterial pneumonia as evidenced by the medication found with her.

Could she gotten it after a bout with the flu? Sure especially with a compromised immune system from fighting the flu virus but this isn't Harvard medical and it was not relevant to the point being made.

Bacterial pneumonia does not come from the flu directly. It comes from being in contact with that particular bacteria, period.

I know drugs, certified in them, and my point was you don't get antibiotics like she had for the flu or for any other type of pneumonia. If you do, change doctors ASAP.

Honored Contributor

@pitdakota@Laura14

What kinds of antibiotics did she have?

Were the antibiotics extreme?

Very sad.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 She had azithromycin or Z pack aka Zithromax which is a very common antibiotic.
Respected Contributor

I had been visiting my Dad in the nursing facility and got a relatively benign upper respiratory infection which morphed into bronchitis which got rapidly worse. I had to wait to see a doctor because mine went overseas for a month and didnt leave an on-call physician. By the time i was seen at a clinic my bronchitis had morphed into pneumonia. i was given an antibiotic but it still took close to two weeks to clear and they gave me Tussionex for the gnarly phlemy cough. The coughing jags lasted forever and really freaked me out. that was a dozen years ago and i have never been that ill since.

Regular Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Just to clarify, the flu is not pneumonia.  The flu is viral and pneumonia is bacterial which is why she had antibiotics and not antivirals.  I feel so bad for her family and the kids.  

Please take care of yourself whenever you feel ill.  It seems she did everything right and had the right diagnosis and medicine and it still went wrong. 

@Laura14, just to clarify Influenza or flu can certainly cause pneumonia.  

https://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/pneumonia/what-is-the-connection.h...

And pneumonia can certainly be viral as well. Pneumonia can be bacterial, viral, or caused by a fungi.  Of course if it is caused by a bacteria it is treated with antibiotics.  If it is viral pneumonia, it is treated with antivirals, and it is fungal it is treated with antifungals.

Of course in this specific case, influenza was ruled out so the flu didn't cause the pneumonia, but just don't want people confused by thinking that all pnuemonia is bacterial.  

At any rate, what a sad case that someone so young succumbed to pneumonia, but it does highlight just how deadly pneumonia can be, no matter the cause.

Thank you @pitdakota.

What kind of antibiotics would be appropriate for treating bacterial pneumonia?

Honored Contributor

So sad,

Kim Porter,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Honored Contributor

God  rest her soul, such a sad event for her family.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom@cherry@meallen616@minnietwinnie@CatsyCline@pitdakota

Here is one reason I wanted to know: our granddaughter (5) came down with what was assumed to be a benign URI before Christmas. She was prescribed antibiotics (something common) A flu test was run “for the heck of it” because “she doesn’t have the symptoms of flu”

Then, getting worse, she was in again and not only was the flu test positive (for type B, no less) 

But she also was diagnosed with pneumonia, which they then said

”This type of pneumonia requires treatment with TWO types of antibiotics.”

I don’t understand this (two types of antibiotics)? I think they prescribed augmentin and zpack for her.

She LOST A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT. When we went there I had to gasp at her lack of coloring and loss of weight.

She has recovered and looks fine now.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~