Honored Contributor

Kim Porter (Diddy's ex) Died from Pneumonia

Don't mess around with the flu," it can sneak up on you!

"Kim Porter, the mother of 3 of Diddy's children, died from a form of pneumonia ... TMZ has learned. 

The L.A. County Coroner's office released the cause of death as lobar pneumonia -- which is an inflammation of an entire lobe of the lungs.

According to the report, Kim had gotten a massage from her goddaughter the day before she was found dead, and watched movies with family members until going to bed at 11:30 PM. The report lists that as the last known time she was alive.

Her goddaughter saw her at 8:30 AM the next day, but thought Kim was still sleeping ... so she left for work. The report says housemates checked on Kim again at 11:30 AM. When they found her unresponsive, they called 911.

There were unopened or partially opened bottles of water, Pedialyte and sports drinks on Kim's nightstand. There were also antibiotics -- a Z-pack -- a bowl of tomato soup and some Tylenol.

TMZ broke the story, Kim was found dead in her Toluca Lake home in November.

Sources close to Kim told us the model was battling the flu and complained she wasn't feeling well the day before she was pronounced dead at her home.

Two days before her death, Kim had called her doctor saying she didn't feel well and had no appetite. The report says a nurse made a house call to give her a saline solution drip infused with vitamins. The next day, Kim complained to doctor she had a streak of blood in her phlegm.

The toxicology report says there were no narcotic drugs or alcohol in her system.

Kim was laid to rest in her home state of Georgia with an elaborate and moving funeral, which Diddy planned. He also delivered a very emotional eulogy during the service."

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Porter (Diddy's ex) Died from Pneumonia

Wow! very sad....She was a very attractive young mother gone too soon.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is just tragic. I’ve noted this several times on these boards, but the one year that I didn’t have a flu shot, I caught the flu and almost died. My asthma was out of control for 8 months. A 37 year old mother of a three year old who lived in my town died of side effects of influenza. Most people who die of flu were not vaccinated. I get a flu shot every year now and have not had the flu, thank goodness.

Esteemed Contributor

How sad. I feel bad for her children.She was so young.

Honored Contributor

Just to clarify, the flu is not pneumonia.  The flu is viral and pneumonia is bacterial which is why she had antibiotics and not antivirals.  I feel so bad for her family and the kids.  

Please take care of yourself whenever you feel ill.  It seems she did everything right and had the right diagnosis and medicine and it still went wrong.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very sad. Some people just can't fight it and end up very sick and sometimes die. I think it's important to get vaccinated if you are at risk or if you are elderly. That may save your life.

https://adult.prevnar13.com/about-prevnar13

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pneumonia is serious....I had a work friend ( about 42 years of old) who had a terrible cough for quite a while

...we all at work told her to please  go the doctor, but she would not go as she hated doctors and said she could not afford it....

She passed away from pneumonia at home  one night.  We found out the next day at work☹️.  She also was a type 1 diabetic her entire life  which also made her more susceptible to getting pneumonia.  So very sad and senseless as she probably could have gotten care before it got so bad.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Just to clarify, the flu is not pneumonia.  The flu is viral and pneumonia is bacterial which is why she had antibiotics and not antivirals.  I feel so bad for her family and the kids.  

Please take care of yourself whenever you feel ill.  It seems she did everything right and had the right diagnosis and medicine and it still went wrong.  

@Laura14

Pneumonia was a side effect of the flu. The flu lowers the body's resistance, making it much easier to contract bacterial infections, from what I've read.

But I'm not a Dr.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14, just to clarify Influenza or flu can certainly cause pneumonia.  

https://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/pneumonia/what-is-the-connection.h...

And pneumonia can certainly be viral as well. Pneumonia can be bacterial, viral, or caused by a fungi.  Of course if it is caused by a bacteria it is treated with antibiotics.  If it is viral pneumonia, it is treated with antivirals, and it is fungal it is treated with antifungals.

Of course in this specific case, influenza was ruled out so the flu didn't cause the pneumonia, but just don't want people confused by thinking that all pnuemonia is bacterial.  

At any rate, what a sad case that someone so young succumbed to pneumonia, but it does highlight just how deadly pneumonia can be, no matter the cause.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

I know too much about pneumonia. I had it when I was a kid in the 70's.