Respected Contributor

Re: Kim Novak - at the Oscars

On 3/3/2014 lulu2 said:

She seemed to be over the moon with joy that she was presenting. That's all that really matters.

No way does she resemble the Cat Lady.

The comment she made was really endearing - can't remember exactly what it was, but something about not believing she was here presenting. Very sweet.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

If it hasn't already been mentioned here, do watch a re-run (if you can find it) of her being interviewed on The Actors' Studio.

You will see that her voice is exactly like it was at the Oscars. It's her natural way and I find it lovely to hear. It was a marvelous interview and recent. She looked great. Maybe last night she was puffy which added to the frozen look. You don't see that so much in the interview.

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2014 Ford1224 said:

I think perhaps she is ill and on high doses of prednisone which would explain the full face. She is also very thin under that jacket she wore. I felt a lot of empathy toward her.

Yes, Ford, she has been ill. The medication she takes for her bi-polar disorder plays havoc with the appearance. I think her coming out about her breast cancer and mental illness only makes her more of a beauty to me. {#emotions_dlg.wub} She was never just a beautiful face but so much more...

Esteemed Contributor

ADELLE, I got it from reading the Bio on her. She was a big star for awhile it said, but when she started to fade, she got out of the scene and made a few guest appearances and moved to Big Sur Santa Cruz, Ca

Super Contributor

I didn't know who she was. I think she is scary looking and is only a couple of surgeries away from the Cat Lady. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I also didn't recognize Liza Minelli. I haven't seen images of her in many years, but she looks like a completely different person now.

Honored Contributor

Last year Robert Osbourne did a tell all hour long interview with Novak on TCM, she looked great and was quite interesting. It may be available on line or on their website. She has not been involved with Hollywood life in quite some time, her career only spanned one decade. She said she was really a model, never wanted to be an actress.

Super Contributor

I was wondering if she was recovering from a stroke, or something.

I just felt bad for her.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Contributor

The woman is 81 years old. Give her some credit. I thought she looked great at that age. She looked a lot better than Goldie Hawn at her age. Terrifying to think what Goldie will look like at 81.

Super Contributor

Goldie is 68, I am remembering what my grandmother looked like at 68....

and I DO give Kim Novak credit for doing what she did last night, she did sort of have that "deer in the head lights" thing going on-- her face just didn't look too good, that's all...

Valued Contributor

I don't even know who Kim Novak is...