Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Kardashian West and Hurricane Dorian

i remember when notre dame was burning...... as an example.....

so many "normal people" on social media were posting their "happy photos" of notre dame.

i think it is only natural to remember a good time or beautiful area when something tragic is happening. i honestly dont think she was minimizing the magnitude of  hurricane dorian at all. of course i think that those who DONT like KK for whatever reason will use this as another mark against her.

whether people want to believe it or not, that entire family does a lot of good and gives back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ugh NM...my bad..i mistakenly  thought this post was  about what i ***thought might be her kindness *** in chartering a jumbo jet with food, supplies and volunteers to help the Bahamian people, like Bethenny did for PR after Maria

then see that she posted her swimsuit pics

She looks amazing after having 4 kids. she has a figure like a Barbie doll. yes yes a lot of "work"

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i remember when notre dame was burning...... as an example.....

so many "normal people" on social media were posting their "happy photos" of notre dame.

i think it is only natural to remember a good time or beautiful area when something tragic is happening. i honestly dont think she was minimizing the magnitude of  hurricane dorian at all. of course i think that those who DONT like KK for whatever reason will use this as another mark against her.

whether people want to believe it or not, that entire family does a lot of good and gives back.

@sunshine45 - I see your point, and I never really thought of it that way. I guess I let the "celebrity" part anger me so much. I still believe the timing was off. I followed Notre Dame too, as I visited and attended mass there when I studied in France during college. I just thought her posting that picture while people's homes were being torn apart and people were likely dying was not the best thing to do. But I do understand what you're saying.

I read articles about the Kardashians, but I've never seen their TV show. I did see Kim on DWTS, and Kris a few times when she was at QVC. I've probably seen them on talk shows in the past too. I'm glad to hear they do a lot of good and help others.

But for me, the jury's still out! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I don't "like" "dislike" or "follow" her or any of her family.

The only exposure (ha) I've had to her are photos in various terrible outfits.  Hence my remark about her taste (or lack thereof).

I know nothing about her (or her family's) philanthropic activities.  That would be another topic

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

i thought this post was about her kindness in chartering a jumbo jet with food, supplies and volunteers to help the Bahamian people, like Bethenny did for PR after Maria

She looks amazing after having 4 kids. she has a figure like a Barbie doll. yes yes a lot of "work"

@CatsyCline 

She did this?

That's wonderful!  Seriously, that's a wonderful thing.

P.S. Even with the "work" she's still too short and squatty to be compared to Barbie.

OH, I hear the MEOWS now!!!

hahahaha

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

i thought this post was about her kindness in chartering a jumbo jet with food, supplies and volunteers to help the Bahamian people, like Bethenny did for PR after Maria

@CatsyCline 

She did this?

P.S. Even with the "work" she's still too short and squatty to be compared to Barbie.

hahahaha

@QueenDanceALot   oh NO she did not, i should have worded it differntly.  its waht i inferred from the OP title...my bad

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@CatsyCline 

She did this?

hahahaha

@QueenDanceALot   oh NO she did not, i should have worded it differntly.  its waht i inferred from the OP title...my bad

@CatsyCline 

Ah, thanks for the clarification..

She was just remembering the beauty of the Bahamas and her visit there by posting a pic of herself in the water rather than maybe a pic of Bahamians in their beautiful country.

That makes sense.

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@CatsyCline 

Kim carried and gave birth to her two oldest kids – North and Saint . The last two were by surrogates.

Respected Contributor

Not a follower of social media or KK and her clan, but I find the photo pictured here to be posted / published - whatever - in extremely poor taste since the Bahamas were just about wiped off the face of the earth by this terrible storm.

For those of you not affected, and thus will move on to the next disaster, good for you.  For those of us in harm's way we can't help but feel tremendous anxiety. 

As far as KK looking so good and working so hard for her body - hahahaha - she is one surgery away from looking like an alien.  Along with a couple of her other sisters and her mother.  Weird.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't access Yahoo news, but each time I see a Kardashian headline, I never click on it.  Many of those online news sites keep up with the number of clicks, and I don't want the publisher to think that's content I want to see.  Maybe this was Kim's way of reminiscing and capturing the beauty before the storm?  IMO it's not as bad as Sophia Vergara's private jet photo captioned "Bye bye Dorian," while others there didn't have a way to escape the storm.  Vergara also posted beach photos.  Are those who are outraged about Kim's photo also voicing complaints about Sophia's?

I live in South Carolina and have been getting ready for storms related to Dorian.  I understand this is part of my life this time of year since I chose to live here.  Several years ago, I had a tornado touch down across the street from where I lived.  So close!  Even with that experience, I'm exercising caution but trying not to let it take over my life.  Storm's approaching, but I've taken time to watch entertaining TV programs, post here in the forums, go shopping, etc.  I'm still having "me" time, and I don't have issues with anyone else doing the same. 

As for the Kardashians...I'm not a fan.  I've only watched part of one show but seems like they enjoy being in the spotlight.  Today's headlines on the celebrity gossip sites were about Kim allowing her daughter North to wear big hoop earrings.  I guess I take a bigger issue with that than I do her bathing suit photo, but I'd like to think she's got enough sense to make sure the child is supervised while wearing them to prevent accidents.