Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kim K is a billionaire , would you

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

It is still baffling to me that all these women (mostly) have been celebrated for 20 years. Why?

@Vivian 

Because a lot of non-wealthy people are curious how the "rich" folks live.  Even though I've never watched The Kardashians, I never missed an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous which ran from 1984 to 1995. Smiley Tongue

Unfortunately, I used to watch that show as well. I bought too many houses - trying to make money --- and almost went BUST!!!! I used to say that I went from Poor to Rich --- Rich to Poor --- Poor to Rich -- and back to "almost" Rich. I've learned a lot - and it almost killed me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't forget Kim got to the White House........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I avoid this family's comings and goings as much as possible. I shudder to think of what she has done to become a billionaire. I understand Kanye has left the room.....

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah   FYI  Today,  California, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington — allow aspiring lawyers to take the bar exam without going to law school. Instead, they are given the option to apprentice with a practicing attorney or judge.

I knew Iread this when I questioned how,

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Don't forget Kim got to the White House........

Lot's of celebrities have been to the White House.  Jennifer Lopez went in 2008 @DiAnne 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would be pathetic if not for the fact that they have become rich for being "so called celebrities."

They parlayed that reality tv show into a huge empire.   It's the American way, after all.

Respected Contributor

Kim K is an absolute PIG- She's a self-serving, egomaniac. The BOTOX, plastic surgery,. slu..y clothing, relentless selfies, is just too much. She and her sisters do nothing but touch their hair and say, "uh, huh.." They sound uneducated and are completely self-absorbed. Every single thing they do is for attention. It's actually pathetically sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@kivah   FYI  Today,  California, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington — allow aspiring lawyers to take the bar exam without going to law school. Instead, they are given the option to apprentice with a practicing attorney or judge.

I knew Iread this when I questioned how,

I said that Kim didn't go to college -- how could she become a lawyer?

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah Kim doesn't have a college degree, but she did attend for some time.  The explanation is easily found via Google.

In order to obtain a law degree this way in the state of California, one needs at least 60 college credits; Kim has 75. 

I'm copying an article from cnbc 

...these states allow people to become "law readers" by apprenticing with a practicing lawyer for a designated amount of time each week. Programs vary from state to state. Kardashian West is participating in the California Law Office or Judge's Chamber Program, which requires applicants to complete a form giving "Notice of Intent to Study in a Law Office or Judge's Chambers" and pay an initial fee of $158, as well as additional paperwork and $105 fees to be submitted every six months throughout the program.

After one year as an apprentice, applicants qualify to take the First-Year Law Students' Examination, sometimes known as the "baby bar." If they pass this exam, legal hopefuls are permitted to continue studying for three more years. [Kim recently failed the baby bar.]

The program requires a total of four years as an apprentice at a law office or in a judge's chamber. Kardashian West says she has been completing 18 hours of weekly supervised study...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like she's really not in law school.  Sounds like paralegal work.  One can't practice law without a J.D. and passing your State Bar exam.  There are even programs that will let you attain a 4 year degree in Paralegal Studies.  How does she have time to shadow or do the work required of an apprenticeship type of program when she's so busy with everything else?

Today, going to law school and securing a JD degree is legally required to practice law in most states. But in the expanse of American history, this requirement is relatively new.

Today, only four states — California, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington — allow aspiring lawyers to take the bar exam without going to law school. Instead, they are given the option to apprentice with a practicing attorney or judge. (New York, Maine and Wyoming offer an apprenticeship alternative as well, but also require some law school.)

I would never hire a lawyer who does not have his/her Juris Doctor degree.