Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kim K is a billionaire , would you

To me , the release of the sex tape was no mistake, just a calculated risk to gain notoriety. A sleazy way to get started.  Then all the cosmetic changes  big chests , big butts,  big lips  , it goes on and on . The Mother , step father, Brother , Sisters  getting in the act so all the family is paid . It was sad to see the younger ones following suit.  They are a sick family  who  appear to worship  the almighty dollar . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The new bulk of her money is coming from her new line of shapewear, SKIMS. Great looking products. Kind of like SPANX but not so tight and not for more extreme shaping; more for everyday.Product line has been so successful that they have added cotton shapewear and undergarments; including bras, lounge pants and other loungewear and pajamas. 

She might also have a piece of Yeezy, not sure if she does or not.

She has worked hard for her money. Too many business ventures to name. She uses constant photos and internet exposure as PR, including the ex tape. All the surgeries add to the publicity. Just a biz strategy. She is also a person that finds expert advisors in  her business ventures, finances and physicians and uses them to an advantage. She is also shrewd and releases only the parts of her private life that help her. She is candid about the things she wants us to know.  She keeps the parts she wants to stay private, as private as she can, unless the media get a hold of something she can't control. 

Honored Contributor

NEVER.

Honored Contributor

It says more about the standards and values of Americans than anything else. 

Esteemed Contributor

It was believed that her youngest sister was a billionaire with her big cosmetic deal, but that assertion was later debunked by Forbes magazine Their recalculated claim of her fortune now standing around 900 million, is no small glass of water.😁

If Kim is now legitimately a billionaire, then kudos to her! Whether or not her methods meet public approval, she HAS worked diligently, and deserves the rewards that capitalism affords her.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

The new bulk of her money is coming from her new line of shapewear, SKIMS. Great looking products. Kind of like SPANX but not so tight and not for more extreme shaping; more for everyday.Product line has been so successful that they have added cotton shapewear and undergarments; including bras, lounge pants and other loungewear and pajamas. 

She might also have a piece of Yeezy, not sure if she does or not.

She has worked hard for her money. Too many business ventures to name. She uses constant photos and internet exposure as PR, including the ex tape. All the surgeries add to the publicity. Just a biz strategy. She is also a person that finds expert advisors in  her business ventures, finances and physicians and uses them to an advantage. She is also shrewd and releases only the parts of her private life that help her. She is candid about the things she wants us to know.  She keeps the parts she wants to stay private, as private as she can, unless the media get a hold of something she can't control. 

She's had several clothing lines.  A couple were even on shopping channels.  The new skims line sold in higher end stores is for people who dress like her.  Not like regular, everyday women.  One leg out on the right side of shapewear bottom; and then another pair if you want to wear your left leg out high up in a dress or something only younger women like herself would wear.  These designs weren't meant for the masses, as they don't appeal to women who dress like her.

She wasn't broke when she started out.  Her mother "momanger" should be thanked for her wealth because she was the brains behind every single bit of their collective wealth and status today.  

They are saavy at using the press and filters on their social media.....No, they were not the first to do it this big, there were others before the Kardashians but they were not as successful.  Reality TV started on MTV.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

As long as they didn't come by their money by cheating, lying, murder, drugs, or other unlawful or immoral means, more power to them.  I don't follow them.

While I may be called old fashioned or at least be in the minority here, but I feel how she got famous to begin with, (the tape), is immoral.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

sell your private life in exchange for money ? I don't like or follow , unless it is forced upon me this family. Forbes anounced her new status , and i actually thought good for her.

@MW in Iowa 

LOL .....   You almost make it sound illegal of immoral.   Woman LOL

Keep in mind two things to explain this  .... 1) show business is a BUSINESS and 2) lots of people really enjoy watching  human "train wrecks".   

If no one watched these silly shows,  they wouldn't be making more of them.   Entertainment, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Honored Contributor

Well, folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have ever signed up for facebook, twitter, instagram, tik tok, youtube, linkedin, other social media sites, etc etc etc ..... your "private lives" are out there, and others have made money off of YOU.   

So .....  how much did you get from those sales, huh?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have ever signed up for facebook, twitter, instagram, tik tok, youtube, linkedin, other social media sites, etc etc etc ..... your "private lives" are out there, and others have made money off of YOU.   

So .....  how much did you get from those sales, huh?

I'm not part of any of the above you listed.  I'm not even on Etsy (lol).  But I am on here and I can find *myself* in a google search.  But I haven't said or done anything I'm ashamed of (I'm not implying anyone here has).