Respected Contributor

Kim K is a billionaire , would you

sell your private life in exchange for money ? I don't like or follow , unless it is forced upon me this family. Forbes anounced her new status , and i actually thought good for her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kim K is a billionaire , would you

[ Edited ]

No.

The root of the word "celebrity" is celebrate.  I choose not to celebrate Miss Kardashian's activities.  Celebrity is in the eye of the beholder.

Esteemed Contributor

As long as they didn't come by their money by cheating, lying, murder, drugs, or other unlawful or immoral means, more power to them.  I don't follow them.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

sell your private life in exchange for money ? I don't like or follow , unless it is forced upon me this family. Forbes anounced her new status , and i actually thought good for her.

Her lifestyle has nothing to do with me, so it's never been an option to sell my private life in exchange for money.

I think that as Kim ages, she will be glad for every dollar she's saved and invested wisely during this period in her life.

I also think it's really sad that her sister Khloe somehow accidentally released an unretouched picture of herself looking great on a yacht  in a bikini -- and was so upset that it got distributed without being photoshopped first, that she had her lawyer terminate people's social media accounts for posting it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I've got enough problems managing my own life so I don't follow what passes for "celebs".

That said, every click, every view, every purchase, every thums up is making someone else wealthy.

Honored Contributor

When we were young and first married, we struggled financially.  We went without a lot and didn't except any government help.

I prayed that we could one day have enough money to pay our bills on time and have money for food.  Both my DH I worked more than one job at a timer or most of our lives  and my prayers have been answered.

We can pay my bills on time and we have enough to save and help others.  I don't have a desire to be a billionaire, but if I was so blessed, I'd give most of it away.

I am content with my life the way it is.  I wouldn't sell my privacy for money. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

When we were young and first married, we struggled financially.  We went without a lot and didn't except any government help.

I prayed that we could one day have enough money to pay our bills on time and have money for food.  Both my DH I worked more than one job at a timer or most of our lives  and my prayers have been answered.

We can pay my bills on time and we have enough to save and help others.  I don't have a desire to be a billionaire, but if I was so blessed, I'd give most of it away.

I am content with my life the way it is.  I wouldn't sell my privacy for money. 

@Carmie  Perfectly said!! I feel the same way. When I married DH we had very litttle. We worked our butts off. It brought us closer together. When my son was born 11 years later ,we made a joint decision that I would stay home & raise him. That was our choice. By no means am I passing judgement on others.

My DH worked very hard to put us in a comfortable financial situation. We live pretty well & give back.

I love my life, I love how we built it together & I love our privacy.I don't need a billion dollars.Like you if I suddenly came in to a lot of money I would give most of it away.

Esteemed Contributor

If only I had known when I was young that I could cash in on having an extra extra large sized butt to the tune of millions. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I wouldn't try to sell my private life in order to earn Billionaire or any status for that matter.  Kim wasn't wealthy but she wasn't poor either when she first came out.  She was a stylist to several noted singers.  Her father was the famous Robert Kardashian who in fact was part of OJay Simpson's murder trial.  They already had some notoriety.  

Kim increased her visibility with a sex tape, continued surgeries and as an influencer; several iterations of clothing lines as well as makeup.  Oooops, don't let me forget the reality tv show that paid them a lot of money to do it for fifteen years.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I'd much rather become a Billionaire the way Tyler Perry did!  Growing up poor as dirt in Louisianna but working his but off to accomplish his dreams.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life