Trusted Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel Shot Out of The QVC Gate Leaving Dust Behind Others

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think Kim is also popular because of her makeup line. How long before she branches out into jewelry also?

@Etoile308I like her lip pencil that can be used as a lipstick and it really is great. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think that there is a conscious 'competition' among the vendors.

I think that each of them just want to sell all or most their fashion items, hoping for 'Sold out' signs.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Strangely enough I think I like Kim's presentations better when she is broadcasting remotely..   About her prices, they are a turn off at times.  I look for the sales but if I really love something will buy.....can't wait around for my size to sell out.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I think Kim is also popular because of her makeup line. How long before she branches out into jewelry also?

@Etoile308 - She already has! It's called EmBELLEish. I think it's priced fairly, and as I've seen a lot of her shows, it usually sells out.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Xivambala Ohhhhh so right - After 45 mins of that forward - back camera dance - I was dizzy.  Not wild about her to begin with.  (and Amy)

Now Susan will swing on that horrible feeling liquid knit until death do us part.

ZZZZZZZ

Honored Contributor

It took me some time to get used to, and accept, Kim's personality.  Now I like it, and also like her styles.    

I may have four of her clothing items?   Since I don't watch live, I find that many of her styles sell out in my size very quickly. 

That should tell the buyers to purchase more. 

Valued Contributor

As the daughter of parents who were "small business" owners, I have watched Kim Gravel establish her company via QVC.  She "knows" her product line well and her customer base.  She does a fine job of providing details when presenting her items.  She seems to have a good support system of family, friends, and a talented team. I wish Kim continued success!

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends what you are dressing for.  I only need casual clothing so Kims clothes fit my lifestyle.  Susan is more for work but I do not wear liquid knit, garish prints or knit pants.  Each line has it's pros and cons and it's great to have so many choices.  

Respected Contributor

Susan Graver will always be my #1 fashion line at the Q.  She is an artist and I love her interesting prints that sometimes look like paintings.  I have a few of Kim's tops, but I wish she would put a little spandex in them.  Just my personal preference.  I also have some of Renee Greenstein's garments, which I like as well.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308I like her lip pencil that can be used as a lipstick and it really is great. 

@agb80 

I love a good lip pencil. Thanks for posting!  Now I'm going to go check them out!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.