Regular Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel Shot Out of The QVC Gate Leaving Dust Behind Others

@ciao_bella Boy do I agree with you ...I love her....and her things....

I am really tired of the LOGO layering things!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I don't think that there is a conscious 'competition' among the vendors.

I think that each of them just want to sell all or most their fashion items, hoping for 'Sold out' signs.

@ROMARY  - I agree. My 1st reaction seeing this thread - the title in particular....eye roll, LOL so many factors play into 'sellouts' including purchase volume, availability,  price points

Some posters love to suggest they know about sales #'s for particular brands, popularity numbers, but mostly I think they do this to stir the pot. 

I'm not influenced by what someone has deemed to be popular or successful.  I buy what's appealing to me and in many instances based on threads/posts on these forums,  I rarely purchase what these posters "approve"

Some try to control other's shopping by thinly veiled politics,  bigotry, and bias and they try over and over.  This will never touch me or impact my choices

And BTW, what does someone who brags about not shopping at Q know about what sells at Q and the reasons.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I have two tops and two dresses of Kim’s and I like them. The more I watch her the more I like her and her clothes. Susan Graver has the same spiel and says the same things over and over and over again. It is tiresome and I don’t watch her as much as I used to. I love her LK dresses, but I don’t want any more tops or cardigans in that fabric. I still buy Isaac if I see something I like. I get a kick out of him.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I enjoy Kim's personality and feel like she really connects with her customers.  I also like her clothing line and have purchased many of them.  I don't really like the Flexabelle pants tho.  Don't fit me quite right.

As for her going back and forth, it is to give viewers a good look at the items.  It is a good thing to me.  I'm ready for the vendors to be back in the studio and really showcase their items.  Skype doesn't give a good interpretation of the colors.

Isaac will also be one of my favorite personalities and I have many of his clothes especially 24/7 pants and love his florals and unexpected color combinations that do work.

Same for Susan Graver.  I have a ton of her clothes.  They are well made and I enjoy wearing them.  Love the ultra stretch and french terry pants/crops.  I am a great one for wearing and mixing prints so it goes wthout saying that I love her florals and prints.  I find liquid knit to be comfortable and good looking.

I also stil like a lot of Denim and Company.  5 of the pants from D&C I bought this summer are among my favorites.  All are prints.

I guess it is different vendors for different types of clothes and I love all  4 of these brands.  Don't buy much else from QVC but I do buy a lot of items from these 4 brands.

Honored Contributor

One of the benefits of shopping here and HSN is that they offer a convenience, range of fashion styles, price points, new and established brands. Brands that appeal to small, med, large sales volume demographics.

Variety is good. I don't care what someone wants to wear, where they shop and the brands/styles they choose, it has zero impact on my choices. Those that want to control by posting rude insulting comments,  demanding something/someone be removed are narrow minded and insecure IMO and in some cases just plain jerks.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I remember when Bob Mackie first started and his clothes would sell out before they finished the presentations.

Then newer designers like Isaac and Lori became very popular.

We have also seen the loss of some previous favorites like Louis D.

Denim & Co/Susan Graver were always faithful stand-bys with a lot of loyal customers.

I have enough clothes to fill multiple dressers/closets. Many baby boomers and older are pretty shopped out.

QVC needs younger customers who do not have big wardrobes, but do have decent budgets.  

I wish Kim much success.

Trusted Contributor

I like Kim and her bright personality. My favorite pieces from her, are her triple luxe tops. The material is so soft and drapes nicely.

I like Isaac too. He does some really interesting color combos.

Susan Graver, I never purchase. LOGO has great colors. I just can't pull off the up and down hems. Too short. I buy some straight hems tops.

Honored Contributor

I love a lot of her things!  I have been buying more of her items lately. 

I find her line to be fun while offering a good fit.  I just wish that the Q would offer more of certain items when they know that they are going to be popular so that it wouldn't get sold out so quickly....been wanting her new capris in the gray camo A398618

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

Huh.  I've never seen her present anything.   

Trusted Contributor

I can't/don't watch her for more than a few minutes, but I do like her Flexibelle jeans.