Honored Contributor

Just cannot watch her.  I'll pass on the new show.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel NOW

[ Edited ]

I like Kim and enjoy watching her shows.  Sounds goofy, but I must say I do find her enthusiasm inspiring.  However, if I don't want to buy something, it does not matter who the host is.  She is not going to convince me to buy any product that I wouldn't anyway.

Respected Contributor

Last time I heard what she soulds like, was when I was greeted upon entering a Waffle House Restaurant in Orlando, FL:  "Hi, Honey!!!!"

Super Contributor

I don't know for sure how this will turn out. Q tried it before with Dave James and called it Late Nite with Dave. He was a real hoot. I always enjoyed it but for some reason it was short lived. I hope Kim can make a success of it.

And I agree with all who said she is NOT putting on an act. She used to be a pageant coach so I think that's where the you-can-do-it-girl comes from. She seems to have a lot of confidence in herself and likes to encourage that in others. I worked with a lot of women just like her and loved them.

Trusted Contributor

I like her jeans and crop pants.  I own a couple pair.

Her personality whether it be real or not does not bother me.  She can get me laughing and that's a good thing!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor
If you ever get a chance to visit any of the Southern States you will understand Kim and her most AMAZING personality. The people in the South at some of the nicest people I have ever meant. Nice people, stores, restaurants, hotels, gas stations, drive thru. Nice nice people. Most everywhere we went people opened up there hearts and made us feel welcomed. Looking forward to the show on Saturday night. Change is a good thing.......❤️
Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty 

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I've lived in the South for the past 30 years and I'd say that the average southern person doesn't speak like KG.  Nothing wrong with it - just saying it's not the average.

She seems like a nice person, but sometimes can be too much.  I'm talking specifically about the incident where she talked about a model's son's illness and made the model cry.  While her intentions may have been genuine, it was inappropriate to do that on live tv.

Respected Contributor

I have lived in the south my whole life and I think her accent is more about her being a very extroverted person and everything about her is loud and in your face.  I like her and think she is very positive and uplifting in a time where everything in the real world is very negative right now.  I know her personality is not for everyone.

Respected Contributor

I recorded it and have to say, I was glad I could ff through lots of it.  The Beekman presentation was waaaaaaay too long and then it seemed like they rushed through everything else.  I like that she had her friend (Amy?) there, although at times they were a little like frenemies with a little bickering (she steals my L&L, no, SHE steals MY L&L!)  Kim seemed a little out of her element with the host presentation part but if the show continues I think she'll get more comfortable with it.  It's still all about selling QVC merchandise, but I'm happy to see them trying something new and different.