Honored Contributor

Re: Kids are faking positive COVID tests to get out of school

@teganslaw wrote:

If kids are faking Covid tests with soft drinks, the tests can't be real reliable. Isn't it possible that some of the positive results on adults happened the same way-because of soft drinks?  This puts everything in a whole different light; now we won't know what to believe. 

@teganslaw 

I think Most believe whatever supports their narrative.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Kids in the UK have a way to get their COVID tests to read positive so they can get out of school. The kids use cola to get the results they want. I read a bout this online in BBC Future. Other sources mention that lemon juice and orange juice are als being used. The trickery won't work for PCR trsting though. It works on COVID-19 Lateral Flow Tests. 

That really mixes me up. Last I heard kids were actually killing themselves because they couldn't go to school and other places-they were despondent about it! What you're talking about was probably a handful. I actually hope the suicides were the handful.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Question:  How can it be proven that the test was faked?  I would assume one needs a follow-up test in a professional setting.

If kids are savvy enough to produce a false positive test, wouldn't they still be found to be negative with a professional follow-up?

@Cakers3 Probably, but by then they've already had a day or two off of school, exactly what they want

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Kids in the UK have a way to get their COVID tests to read positive so they can get out of school. The kids use cola to get the results they want. I read a bout this online in BBC Future. Other sources mention that lemon juice and orange juice are als being used. The trickery won't work for PCR trsting though. It works on COVID-19 Lateral Flow Tests. 

That really mixes me up. Last I heard kids were actually killing themselves because they couldn't go to school and other places-they were despondent about it! What you're talking about was probably a handful. I actually hope the suicides were the handful.

@Judaline @I don't think there are any stats on how often kids are doing this, but TickTok videos with instructions for pulling off the trick have 6.5 million hits. There are parents reporting emotional problems that their kids have had while they were out of school. There have been news reports about individual cases. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think this clearly demonstrates that perhaps children should NOT be allowed to take at home tests, unless they are done in the presence of, and handled by responsible adults.😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖