Honored Contributor

Re: Kia Soul - any opinions?

@sunshine45  If that's the Toyota Scion you are talking about, I'd avoid that one. It's discontinued ....never a good thing in terms of value or parts.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45  If that's the Toyota Scion you are talking about, I'd avoid that one. It's discontinued ....never a good thing in terms of value or parts.

that is why i prefer to buy used......and always look for a GREAT deal, not just a good deal. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

My experience is very limited with the Kia Soul but I had one as a rental car a few years ago.  I loved driving it and I couldn't believe how roomy it was for the size of car.  As others have mentioned, I would check various automative sites for their rating on it before I would even consider it though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

My wife's cousin has owned one for 2+ years and it has been 1 headache after another. Were it me? I would look closely into the "Lemon Law"

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I have 2016 Kia Sorento and love it. Rated very highly. We are considering getting a Soul to replace out 20 year old pickup. Kia's are very highly rated, and very safe cars plus they have a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DP

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Sunshine45:  I'm 'crazy' about the box look, too!  And that retro green color. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

My daughter had a white one-very cute and she really liked it, but they started a family and it was going to be far too small, so she traded it in for an SUV. She did really like it though!

Esteemed Contributor

I do not own this car, but I once drove one. Easy in/out. Not too high or too low. Easy to park. Small footprint with ample room.

One of the lowest Cost To Own cars.

Honored Contributor

They DO have cute commercials!

I know that has nothing to do with nothing, but it just makes me smile. 😀

image.jpeg