Trusted Contributor

Re: Khloe Kardashian's remarks about baby son

@hyacinth003  I remember it being in the news a few years back that actress, comedian Sherri shephard and her then husband was attemting to have a child via surrogate.When the surrogate was about 5 months pregnat, shephard reportedly changed her mind, did not want the child and filed for divorce.  It was a big mess.California went after the surrogate for support.  Shephard  not want to pay child support or cover the childs health insurance. Court said shephard had to pay child support. 

Respected Contributor

When Kim's daughter Chi was born via surrogate, Kim said she worried about bonding with the child.  But, since the baby resembled her, she said it made the bonding process easy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@hyacinth003  I remember it being in the news a few years back that actress, comedian Sherri shephard and her then husband was attemting to have a child via surrogate.When the surrogate was about 5 months pregnat, shephard reportedly changed her mind, did not want the child and filed for divorce.  It was a big mess.California went after the surrogate for support.  Shephard  not want to pay child support or cover the childs health insurance. Court said shephard had to pay child support. 

As I recall, Sally (Sherri's ex) was the biological father but a donor egg and a surrogate were used.  She filed for divorce because I believe he ended up being a cad.  She chose not to pursue motherhood of the unborn child because it was Sally's child, not hers.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@webbgarner1 wrote:

As I recall, Sally (Sherri's ex) was the biological father but a donor egg and a surrogate were used.  She filed for divorce because I believe he ended up being a cad.  She chose not to pursue motherhood of the unborn child because it was Sally's child, not hers.

@faeriemoon  I believe she's paying child support (a few thousand a month) but don't know if he contributes anything.

Respected Contributor

who cares?