Respected Contributor

Keurig Mini Plus recall & repair kit

Anyone receive theirs yet? Did you do the "fix?" I've had my Keurig Mini Plus for 14 months - never had a problem. Not sure if I'll even do the fix.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Keurig Mini Plus recall & repair kit

Did Keurig contact you or did you have to contact them? and what's the ""fix""?

Respected Contributor

You have to contact them via their website. The fix is a plastic handle that goes over the existing metal handle and a replacement plastic K-cup holder with rubber around it. They also say to continue using the original brewer to just not make 2 cups in rapid succession.

http://miniplusbrewer.com/StandardRegister/LPR.asp?L=564&ac=&ar

Regular Contributor

I registered on the Keurig website the day the recall was announced. About a week ago I received an email confirming that my repair kit request had been processed. They also indicated that an email would be sent when it was shipped. They gave brief instructions on how to do the fix. I had been wondering about the status of the fix/kit before I received the email since it seemed like I registered awhile ago. They must have many kits to send.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't get it. A piece of plastic over the handle along with a rubber gaskit, is going to make the defect go away? And, if there are two people making a coffee, one's gotta wait fifteen minutes???? I think they should all be replaced/refunded by Keurig and not get away with just putting a bandaid on it.

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Goldenlocks said:

I don't get it. A piece of plastic over the handle along with a rubber gaskit, is going to make the defect go away? And, if there are two people making a coffee, one's gotta wait fifteen minutes???? I think they should all be replaced/refunded by Keurig and not get away with just putting a bandaid on it.

I agree!

Respected Contributor

I received my repair kit yesterday in the mail. I did the fix which was just snapping on a new plastic handle over the other handle and installing a new k-cup holder with a gasket. It was easy to do. I don't really like the looks of the new black plastic handle (which was placed over the silver handle). I guess I'll get used to it.

Esteemed Contributor

My Kohl's restocked the mini's - I'm just going to exchange the unit!