Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Ketchup Shortage

[ Edited ]
  • I just had to chuckle about the ketchup shortage.

I went grocery shopping today and one of the employees I know told me their shelves are empty, people were coming in all day and cleaning  out their entire stock.

I told her if you didn't read the ENTIRE article, it's not bottles of ketchup, it's actually the small ketchup packets given out with fast food.

And if you read further, the spokesperson said it wasn't the ketchup in shortage its just a matter of getting more lines working since more people are doing takeout than eating at restaurants.

So there's no ketchup shortage, you can return all thosee bottles you bought today.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:
  • I just had to chuckle about the ketchup shortage.

I went grocery shopping today and one of the employees I know told me their shelves are empty, people were coming in all day and cleaning  out their entire stock.

I told her if you didn't read the ENTIRE article, it's not bottles of ketchup, it's actually the small ketchup packets given out with fast food.

And if you read further, the spokesperson said it wasn't the ketchup in shortage its just a matter of getting more lines working since more people are doing takeout than eating at restaurants.

So there's no ketchup shortage, you can return all thosee bottles you bought today.

@Just Bling   Hysterical. ooonooo.gif

Esteemed Contributor

We do use ketchup, and when I saw this thread I quickly checked to see what I had in the pantry!  (I always have at least one back up.  But then you need a back up for the back up . . . )

Glad to know it's just the little packs!  We never eat out anyway.  And it was so impossible, many years ago, to get enough ketchup at McDonalds.  They'd hand over the bag and I'd have to muster courage to ask for, like eight ketchups.  I think now they have dispensers in the restaurant, but that whole packet of ketchup thing.  Brother!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I saw last night that we might have a fireworks shortage. Better stock up! 💥 

Honored Contributor

cow patty shortage, everybody go get your share !!

hope the fireworks shortage is for real won't have to worry about my house catching fire in dry Tx.

Honored Contributor

Get ready for more food shortages - in our morning newspaper today, corn tostados due to corn, chicken due to fast fd chicken wars. They've talked about ketchup for some time now. 

I've seen few shortages of different things around me - of course disinfectant wipes, but these have been back for a couple of months now, same with toilet paper & paper towels. Baby wipes sort of come and go and back again.

It seems it varies in different stores even though the stores are the same ie all kroger or giant eagle depending on where in town.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ketchup Shortage

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

cow patty shortage, everybody go get your share !!

hope the fireworks shortage is for real won't have to worry about my house catching fire in dry Tx.

@SharkE 

What the heck is going on up in North Texas!?!?!?!?!....we've had so much rain and even constant flood alerts here in South Texas this past weekend and even last night!!!...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   We got 5/10's of an inch where I live. Husband keeps a rain guage outside. It differs from city to city. I heard a noise outside and ran to the window and saw the sidewalk was wet and hollered Yay ! this was late last night. Guess it rained for a few minutes and The End.

Farmers are gonna be hurting and I'll be burning thru another irrigation box at 350 a pop for a replacement. I set it to turn on at midnite sometimes I run it thru the day too.   We're scared what the neighbors might do if they don't supervise their kids and a wildfire can break out when it hits that dried up , crackling grass.  

Hopefully, they can't afford this yr due to covid. Just go to where the city puts on a show for free and get your dose of fireworks. They usually quit around midnite. We sleep with ear plugs and a commercial fan running for overiding noise. If fire would break out we couldn't hear a knock on the door to escape guess we'll burn up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ketchup Shortage

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

@Spurt   We got 5/10's of an inch where I live. Husband keeps a rain guage outside. It differs from city to city. I heard a noise outside and ran to the window and saw the sidewalk was wet and hollered Yay ! this was late last night. Guess it rained for a few minutes and The End.

Farmers are gonna be hurting and I'll be burning thru another irrigation box at 350 a pop for a replacement. I set it to turn on at midnite sometimes I run it thru the day too.   We're scared what the neighbors might do if they don't supervise their kids and a wildfire can break out when it hits that dried up , crackling grass.  

Hopefully, they can't afford this yr due to covid. Just go to where the city puts on a show for free and get your dose of fireworks. They usually quit around midnite. We sleep with ear plugs and a commercial fan running for overiding noise. If fire would break out we couldn't hear a knock on the door to escape guess we'll burn up.

@SharkE 

Hoping for some REAL RAIN for your area!!!!

We've had our share of dry spells too---and the possibility of fireworks starting a fire is scary....I remember one year they actually enforced the law about fireworks being illegal in the city and set up a special hotline...but that didn't stop some people in our neighborhood from setting off fireworks and the grass was like dried out straw---but they didnt care! ....Thankfully someone beat me to it and called the hotline and the police came out and the  fireworks  stopped----WHEW!!! SMH!!!  I hope they had to pay a big fine! 😡  Im surprised they didnt try to light the fireworks for the next few days....Every New Years Eve they set them off and it goes on every night for two weeks....😡

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

We're in a country suburb they're allowed even in the worst situations

City people are important and protected from nonsense, we country folk are not necessary , so, ok, if we suffer due to neighbors who don't respect others.

I call in every yr and ask them to please ban ALL fireworks, but, nope, city folk just come out here and have their fun.