Honored Contributor

Please settle an argument. Is that the real Kenny Rogers singing The Gambler in the Geico Insurance Ad? One of us says yes, the reason he doesn't look the same is years of plastic surgery. The other says no, the voice doesn't even sound good.

Super Contributor
Yes, it is he....
Honored Contributor
That's Kenny. I think his face is looking better...somewhat.
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's Kenny. I wish he could go back to the old Kenny. All that awful plastic surgery ruined his good looks IMO.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it is him. When I first heard the commercial (I wasn't actually watching it), I heard him sing and thought, "Oh my, that's a bad imitation of Kenny Rogers"!!! Then, I looked up and instantly recognized his face. He's got such a unique look after all the work he's had done. I just think his voice is getting worse with age (it happens).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

It's him - his voice is slipping. I have a CD where he sings Lady in a duet with Lionel Richie and he can not reach the high notes anymore.

Regular Contributor

It's him. Cute commercial. It looks like he had his botched eye job fixed. He looks better.

Esteemed Contributor

I first heard it today....I have always liked that song....I wasn't sure it was him only because he looked better then the last time I saw a picture of him....but the voice sounded the same...

I am glad someone posted this question....

I love the Geico commercials they usually are funny and very different...(I didn't like the ape men, though)

Esteemed Contributor

He looks better but sounds worse.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor
On 7/5/2014 happy housewife said:

It's him - his voice is slipping. I have a CD where he sings Lady in a duet with Lionel Richie and he can not reach the high notes anymore.

I saw him not even a year ago in concert and his voice was still great. He looked like heck, but he can still sing.