Respected Contributor

Re: Kenneth Jay Lane has passed away

@Pandalady wrote:

Rest in Peace, Mr. Lane!

Related image

@Pandalady what an absolutely lovely picture.It says so much with no caption needed. Thank you for posting it. It touched me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Just read a great article about his passing in Women's Wear Daily - do Google it.  So many interesting things in it, including someone was just finishing up a documentary about him (would love to see it.).

The article does not mention his cause of death.  

Just because he had a persistent cough doesn't mean he had emphysema.  I hope his cause of death will be given at some point in time.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Just read a great article about his passing in Women's Wear Daily - do Google it.  So many interesting things in it, including someone was just finishing up a documentary about him (would love to see it.).

The article does not mention his cause of death.  

Just because he had a persistent cough doesn't mean he had emphysema.  I hope his cause of death will be given at some point in time.

yes, i mentioned the documentary in my post above with its name. i am looking forward to seeing it also.

"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Honored Contributor

I have a few of his pieces but most notable - his lipstick pin. I wear it on my trench coat lapel and it always gets comments.

Esteemed Contributor

Mr. Lane had a remarkable impact on contemporary jewelry.  He was quite a "get" for QVC.  I always enjoyed Mr. Lane's presentations and the stories behind his designs.  The jewelry was good quality too.

Honored Contributor

kjl.jpg

"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Valued Contributor

How sad.  I was just admiring my collection of his jewelry yesterday.  I have a sizeable collection.  Every single time I wear pieces from him it makes me feel great, and the compliments pour in.  The customer service is top notch--I broke a necklace and they repaired it quickly, free of charge.

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Wasn't it one of his shows, "back in the day," where he came onto the QVC set in a car (mock up...cardboard?) and when he opened the door to get out, the door fell off?

Does anyone else remember that?

In the fun days of QVC.

Yes, a yellow taxi. He was fun.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

KJL was an erudite and sophisticated gentleman, the likes of whom we do not see anymore. It was a pleasure to watch him on QVC, and order some of his lovely designs.  RIP

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

Rest in Peace, Mr. Lane!

Related image

@Pandalady what an absolutely lovely picture.It says so much with no caption needed. Thank you for posting it. It touched me.

@MoJoVThank you for sharing that with me, friend.  That touched my heart, too!  How are you feeling?  Thoughts and prayers for you!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!