Trusted Contributor

Kelly Ripa and Her Broken Foot???

I thought Kelly Ripa broke her foot in late July.   How is it that she's already out of a boot and back in high heels?    It hasn't even been 6 weeks yet?

I broke my foot last year and was in a boot for 3 months.   A year later, I still have difficulty wearing closed toe shoes, yet alone high heels.

I know her show is current because they said today's date at the beginning and she's wearing heels.  

It seems quite odd to me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa and Her Broken Foot???

[ Edited ]

The shows they have on now are prerecorded as they are on vacation.  If you look closely, at the start of the show when they walk out it shows "PREVIOUSLY RECORDED" on the screen.  This happens every summer.

Honored Contributor

She mustn't have had a very bad break.

I broke my foot in February.  I had a cast for 6 weeks and a boot for 2 weeks.  It's just now starting to feel normal again.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends on where the break is and how bad. Drs tend to be pretty protective of foot fractures. I had a small hairline fracture once and the Dr wanted me in a boot for 3 weeks, just to make sure I didn't put any stress on it while it was healing.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

They're showing reruns right now until the new season begins in September.

Happens every late August while they go on long vacations before starting the new season.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

The "show" must go on.......and there's really that much weight that her foot has to support.....meow.....not a big fan....

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yes, these are reruns!

Trusted Contributor

I thought they mentioned today is August 21...etc.    Do they record the dates too?    How odd.

Trusted Contributor

@brii wrote:

She mustn't have had a very bad break.

I broke my foot in February.  I had a cast for 6 weeks and a boot for 2 weeks.  It's just now starting to feel normal again.

I feel for you.  I too am just starting to feel normal again, but still hard to get into my B width shoes.   I had to buy all wide tennis shoes, etc.   I didn't have a cast, just a boot for 3 months.   

It's the worst having a broken limb.    I felt so trapped not being able to walk or do things normally.   I'm ultra careful now how I walk around the house. I simply hit my foot on a dresser leg.  Ugh!

Honored Contributor

You can also tell when it's pre-recorded because she is usually in a different outfit when speaking to one or all of the guests than she is at the beginning of the show.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.