Honored Contributor

Keep finding tins of smokless tobacco in our front yard

It started about a couple of month ago.  We have two trees in our front yard. (no fence) Someone keeps tossing junk under the trees.  Besides the tin of tobacco are pieces of metal, torn bags of cand, etc. I have to check our yard daily.  I assume these are from the next door kids in our front yard that use our property to propel their bikes over our drive.  I find the tobacco about once a week.  Those I'm guessing are from high school kids on their way home. I don't really want to bother with a fence and I'm not even sure that it stop people from tossing stuff in our yard.  We have a new generation of teen in our neighborhood that have moved in.  We don't have a security camera.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Keep finding tins of smokless tobacco in our front yard

maybe it's time you got a camera.  it at least would answer the who in the equation.

Honored Contributor

Why are you blaming teens when it could just as easily be trash from an 80 year old who takes a daily walk?  Other cleaning it up when it happens, your only solution is a fence high enough to deter people from  throwing their  trash on your property.

Trusted Contributor

You could get a trail cam, we love ours and it's solar spypoint 12 megapixel, crystal clear pictures or videos day and night. Super easy to use.

Spypoint 12 Megapixel Solar Game Camera | Vance Outdoors

Trusted Contributor

Spy Point Spypoint Trail Cameras,Camo SOLAR

Hide it in a near by tree.

Honored Contributor

We used to find packs of cigarettes and other "smoking" items in the big pine tree that was in our front yard. It was the boy next door. He was using our tree to store items, so his Mom did not find out. He would pick up the items on his way up to the bus stop and drop the items off when he came home from school.

My husband used to throw the stuff out when he saw them. Just to p i s s the kid off. But we were both working and his smoking habits were low on our priority list. And he moved out not long after he graduated.

So lets hope they grow up and move out AND SOON!

Esteemed Contributor

I have the same stuff tossed onto my lawn repeatedly.

It's coming from my neighbor's son, who is in the habit of disgarding his smoking paraphernalia, Doritos bag, and what ever else just before he gets to his own property. 

Guess he needs time for a breath mint before he gets home to mama. 

Honored Contributor

Strange how some people think it's okay to throw their litter in other people's yards.  I hope you catch them.

Honored Contributor

I think it's time to invest in some type of security camera.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ignorant people. But it's not as bad as the ones who walk their dogs and stand there while they poop on your grass and don't pick it up. Years ago when my kids were young I used to tell them if I caught them "hey I don't send my kids over on your grass to do their business when they have to poop, why is it okay for you to bring your dog here to do his?" After all, poop is poop no matter the source.

But yes you should get a camera set up. Especially if you could get one that shows the time if there is such a thing. That way if it's happening from the same "whoever" at the same time every day whether kids coming or going from school or an adult taking a walk you could watch for them and give them the dickens.