Honored Contributor

Re: Keep finding tins of smokless tobacco in our front yard

Oh no!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

'Years ago', each morning we found cig. butts on our front lawn.

We were only guessing that nearby teenagers would leave their house and smoke in front of ours in the middle of the night.

They are all away in college now.

Never know what tweens/teens/others are doing while parents are sound asleep, (lol).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

we too have a large evergreen tree in our yard. Only tree in our yard, it is right next to road . We have found, all kinds of food in the tree. Ice cream containers have eaten, even pizza and boxes, small booze bottles. A ton of cigarettes butts.  We are not going to put up a fence. To much trouble. The lawn man we have usually picks up the junk on his weekly mowing. We are at the end of mowing season, getting colder so less junk found under the tree.

the other thing we have found. Someone is digging up holes in our yard. Small holes, but enough holes  to just scratch your head. I posted on facebook about these mysterious holes appearing on facebook, the holes did stop appearing. Someone knew something about who did this.

Trusted Contributor

Did you catch them yet?

Trusted Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

we too have a large evergreen tree in our yard. Only tree in our yard, it is right next to road . We have found, all kinds of food in the tree. Ice cream containers have eaten, even pizza and boxes, small booze bottles. A ton of cigarettes butts.  We are not going to put up a fence. To much trouble. The lawn man we have usually picks up the junk on his weekly mowing. We are at the end of mowing season, getting colder so less junk found under the tree.

the other thing we have found. Someone is digging up holes in our yard. Small holes, but enough holes  to just scratch your head. I posted on facebook about these mysterious holes appearing on facebook, the holes did stop appearing. Someone knew something about who did this.

Squirrels do this all the time here.

Honored Contributor

We live in the country and have what's called a right of way, 7or 8ft. of property beyond the edge of the road that anyone can walk on and the township maintains. Just yesterday my husband found an empty bag full of empty soda cups and burger and french fry boxes thrown along that right of way. Of course this is not the first time we have had to pick up trash from along side the road, but it gets old. This time the perps left their sales slips in the bag of trash with their info on, my husband turned it in to the state police. Littering is against the law.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

EDIT:  I caught them!  I happened to come around my house, when a couple teenage boys (looked like 14 or 15) tossed a smokeless tobacco tin on our bushes.  I yelled hey.  They stopped.  I told them to back and pick up the tin they threw.  I also told them to put it in their pockets and take it home.  I lied and told them I knew where they lived.  They took the tins, looked scared and scurried home.  LOL>

Smokeless tobacco can give you oral cancer, but if caught early, 90% is curable.  Of course you might not have much of your mouth left, but.....

Honored Contributor

How about a cool-to-the kids trash barrel?  That would save you doing all the pickup if they used it. Then just trash the bag once a week.