Honored Contributor

Re: Katy Perry & Orlando Bloom Are Engaged

@fortune wrote:

After Orlando paraded all over the Internet stark naked (with Katy) I kind of wondered about him needing to show that to everyone!

@fortune 

Really?  Wow -- that is ---- different.  That is how they wanted to announce their engagement?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I saw a picture of the ring and it is beautiful.  I guess there is speculation about whether   the center stone is a ruby or a diamond.  While I think it is a lovely ring, to me, it doesn't look like an engagement ring, but as long as she loves it, that's all that matters!

I agree about her hair.  When she did that, cut it so short and blonde, I thought --- shades of Miley Cyrus.  She looked so gorgeous with her dark hair.  I think she is very beautiful and has the most lovely eyes.  

Well, they are a great looking couple.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Well it’s ok with me, but I’m not expecting an invitation to the wedding......

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I saw a picture of the ring and it is beautiful.  I guess there is speculation about whether   the center stone is a ruby or a diamond.  While I think it is a lovely ring, to me, it doesn't look like an engagement ring, but as long as she loves it, that's all that matters!

I agree about her hair.  When she did that, cut it so short and blonde, I thought --- shades of Miley Cyrus.  She looked so gorgeous with her dark hair.  I think she is very beautiful and has the most lovely eyes.  

Well, they are a great looking couple.  

@AngelPuppy1  I agree, but not because of the floral halo part or the stones in it but because it looks as if a band won't fit underneath it and would be flush with the band of the engagement ring (i.e. - there will be a gap between a wedding band - no matter how thin it is - and the engagement ring, making it uncomfortable).

Esteemed Contributor

I understand that the ring is extremely valuable but it’s so big that it looks fake to me. Maybe in person it looks fabulous but I’m reminded of those toy rings that come in little plastic containers.

Respected Contributor

@violann 

Yes, me too!  I don't understand the facination the public has with celebs including the royals.   Best wishes to them, but in the words of Rhett Butler, "Quite frankly my dear, I don't give a ******". 

BTW, what is Orlando Bloom's claim to fame?  

Respected Contributor

The ring is beautiful ......

Image result for katy perry engagement ring

Esteemed Contributor

The ring is beautiful but she doesn’t seem to be wearing it on her ring finger 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@violann 

Yes, me too!  I don't understand the facination the public has with celebs including the royals.   Best wishes to them, but in the words of Rhett Butler, "Quite frankly my dear, I don't give a ******". 

BTW, what is Orlando Bloom's claim to fame?  

@this is my nic   Quite frankly, I don't understand people who are interested enough in a thread to click on it and read it, and then write things like this post.  If you really didn't give a **** why bother to open the thread, and then take the time to write a post?  Doesn't make any sense to me.

Contributor

I think the ring is pretty and unique. A flower.