Honored Contributor

Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Engaged!!!!!!

I kept reading how they were dating and getting really serious, and now I just read they are engaged......That is a strange pairing to me.....Both seem like nice, talented people, but they just don't seem like they would have a lot in common with each other...Oh well, if it works, right?

Respected Contributor

Re: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Engaged!!!!!!

I read that part of her divorce from Tom Cruise was to stay quiet about her personal life and not publicly date for so many years.  I guess that time period has just ended.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I kept reading how they were dating and getting really serious, and now I just read they are engaged......That is a strange pairing to me.....Both seem like nice, talented people, but they just don't seem like they would have a lot in common with each other...Oh well, if it works, right?

yea but "everybody" thought Pitt and Jolie had lots in  common

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I read that part of her divorce from Tom Cruise was to stay quiet about her personal life and not publicly date for so many years.  I guess that time period has just ended.

Who on earth would agree to "not publicly date" for so many years?  If she did, that's crazy.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  Where did you read this?  Some sources are much more credible than others, so it does make a difference what your source is.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Who on earth would agree to "not publicly date" for so many years?  If she did, that's crazy.

Obviously Katie Holmes agreed to it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bri20 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

"Obviously"? Only if it's true.  You didn't cite any sources so I don't know whether it is or it isn't.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@bri20

IMO, that can't possibly be true.  Katie's father is a divorce lawyer and coordinated her divorce.  I doubt he would allow that kind of clause in her divorce agreement ... it's just silly.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

"Obviously"? Only if it's true.  You didn't cite any sources so I don't know whether it is or it isn't.

You can Google...

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

She was desperate to keep her daughter away from him, maybe she agreed to some demands from him as a trade to keep him from fighting for custody or a lot of visitation or control.