Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,627
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Kathy Levine

[ Edited ]

@DoneTryin wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm shopping more and more with Evine these days and I was thinking the same thing.  Levine isn't with Evine anymore.  No surprise there and no great loss;  I never knew why they had her.  Her fans from way way way back in the day are either dead or retired and not shopping much anymore.  They weren't going to follow her to Evine.  Her blogs were pointless and not funny.  How many menopause jokes can we take? 


@chrystaltree Dang!  I was afraid of this.  So I'm dead & nobody bothered to tell me.  Sure glad there are people like you around to let me know.Woman Mad  Where's that thumb's down button?


 

I enjoyed Kathy a lot, and guess what?  I'm neither dead nor retired and I still shop.  Sheesh.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,210
Registered: ‎03-23-2010

On April 8 someone posted on Kathy L's Facebook saying that she missed Kathy on Evine and asked if Kathy was still doing her clothing line.  This was Kathy's reply:

 

"Unfortunately, the company is unable to support the line and have it on the air often enough to make sense for me. I cancelled it (too bad, Spring was so cute). Onward."

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

@wildcat fan wrote:

On April 8 someone posted on Kathy L's Facebook saying that she missed Kathy on Evine and asked if Kathy was still doing her clothing line.  This was Kathy's reply:

 

"Unfortunately, the company is unable to support the line and have it on the air often enough to make sense for me. I cancelled it (too bad, Spring was so cute). Onward."


 

 

Translation: It didn't sell and Evine isn't cutting her any special slack about that.

 

That said, I'm not dead, still shopping where and when I find what I need/want, and spending the bucks. Loved Kathy as a host, but I don't purchase *anything*, anywhere, because of who's selling it. If I like I buy, if not interested nothing and no one will "convince" me to buy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,139
Registered: ‎04-16-2010

On a different note: WHY did Kathy leave QVC? I became a "watcher" after she left but I remember catching her on a few shows when I would visit my parents- my mom LOVED watching her and Joan Rivers.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,450
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@SahmIam wrote:

On a different note: WHY did Kathy leave QVC? I became a "watcher" after she left but I remember catching her on a few shows when I would visit my parents- my mom LOVED watching her and Joan Rivers.


@SahmIam  I recall reading an interview with her years ago, but can't remember the publication.  To paraphrase from what I remember of that interview:  Her financial situation was such that she could allow herself some time not working, to explore other interests.  She was also looking for a long-term relationship, which she found & subsequently married.

 

Funny how some people seem to want to find some connection between her last name & the name of the shopping channel, when it's just a coincidence.  She did try selling some jewelry on QVC but apparently it didn't go over well enough to continue.  I'll give her credit for trying new things.  I always enjoyed watching her, especially with Joan Rivers.  They certainly were a pair, weren't they?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,325
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@DoneTryin wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm shopping more and more with Evine these days and I was thinking the same thing.  Levine isn't with Evine anymore.  No surprise there and no great loss;  I never knew why they had her.  Her fans from way way way back in the day are either dead or retired and not shopping much anymore.  They weren't going to follow her to Evine.  Her blogs were pointless and not funny.  How many menopause jokes can we take? 


@chrystaltree Dang!  I was afraid of this.  So I'm dead & nobody bothered to tell me.  Sure glad there are people like you around to let me know.Woman Mad  Where's that thumb's down button?


Dear Chrystaltree, guess I'm reading this from the great beyond because I shopped with KL.  If anyone deserves a thumbs down button, it is Chrystaltree.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,660
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Last time I,checked I was still waking up on the right side of the grass and my credit card bill offer ample,proof of my ability to still shop.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,700
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Kathy Levine

[ Edited ]

Evine was definitely related to Kathy's name. I remember reading it when they changed the name. I really think it's the dumbest name for a shopping channel that they could think of. She must be quite a $upporter to have the channel named after her.I guess they thought it would be a big draw, but it wasn't. Some people have never even heard of Evine. On the other hand, they'll change it again. Value Vision, Shopnbc, Evine. What's next? 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,021
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Kathy Levine

[ Edited ]

She wasn't a regular host or vendor but an investor/partner. There's no reason to have her name on the website unless it lists every investor.

 

This is from an 2012 article on Mark Bozek and Evine:

 

"... Of course, Evine will need scale to get there, so he [Bozek] has recruited his co-founder Russel Nuce, former QVC merchant and current President of its Accessories Council, Karen Giberson, as well as former QVC host, Kathy Levine. The startup’s advisors include Thom Beers of Original Productions, Kim Caccavo of Steelpoint Capital, Jim McCann of 1800Flowers, Greg Renker of Guthy Renker, Joan Solotar of the Blackstone Group, and Fred Siegel of Fred Siegel Partners. Evine has also raised $500K in seed financing from these investors, and others, to get the platform off the ground. In the coming months, the team will begin raising its series A..."

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Valued Contributor
Posts: 512
Registered: ‎02-05-2011

Does anyone else remember when Steve Bryant would be on with Kathy?

He would have that sheepish, puppy dog look.

I guessed that he had a crush on her.

 

Sure enough they did have a brief romance.

 

Does anyone know if they ever got married?