Respected Contributor

@shopper since 1989 wrote:

Does anyone else remember when Steve Bryant would be on with Kathy?

He would have that sheepish, puppy dog look.

I guessed that he had a crush on her.

Sure enough they did have a brief romance.

Does anyone know if they ever got married?

@shoppersince1989  Kathy married someone else a few years after she left QVC.  Based on what she wrote in her book, she & Steve did have a relationship for a while.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I always wondered about that shopping network's name "evine" and how it partially matched Kathy's last name...L"evine". I wonder where they came up with that name?hmmm.

Evine was her company.  Many years ago she wrote on her website about the starting of her new company.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I always wondered about that shopping network's name "evine" and how it partially matched Kathy's last name...L"evine". I wonder where they came up with that name?hmmm.

Evine was her company.  Many years ago she wrote on her website about the starting of her new company.

@Sunshine Kate  Are you confusing Evine with La Vintage, her jewelry line?

Evine wasn't her company.  Evine was formerly ShopNBC which was formerly Value Vision.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Evine wasn't her company.  Evine was formerly ShopNBC which was formerly Value Vision.

The name Evine was created as part of their rebranding that focused on the Electronic  technology.  Has absolutely nothing to do with Kathy's last name.  Doubters can look it up on the internet the same way I did.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kathy Levine

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

No, I'm not confused.  She left QVC many years ago and I remember following her here and there on her blog and website. 

She wanted to start up a new shopping network and the name of her website was Evine. 

I remember reading about Evine, but it took many years to start up.  There were probably changes along the way.  I just know what I read. 

ETA:  I believe Evine was supposed to be just internet clothing online to order.  Not on TV, but it's been so many years ago that I read it.  

Valued Contributor

@SahmIam  She left because  she thought that a talk show was her next step. Auditioned for several outlets.  Did not workout.  I know this because I remember even though I am as one person wrote, "old and retired."    Joan Rivers encouraged Kathy to move on.

Valued Contributor

@shoppersince1989  No, they did not marry.  Steve is on Facebook.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kathy Levine

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

On a different note: WHY did Kathy leave QVC? I became a "watcher" after she left but I remember catching her on a few shows when I would visit my parents- my mom LOVED watching her and Joan Rivers.

I loved watching those two funny ladies together with my Mom. The best was one time they were gabbing away on the couch and Joan's little dog Spike wandered on to the set, was sniffin' around and "watered" the coffee table leg. Mom and I laughed till we cried! Oh and some info to the poster who thought we were dead, retired or not shopping..... who has the most "disposable" income for shopping?...."Boomers" (stayin' alive!) control 70% of all disposable income in the United States. We can SHOP!   

Honored Contributor

Kathy did not marry Steve Bryant but did marry a man named Steve - Steve Taub.  See below article, an interview with Kathy, in which she also states why she left Q VC:

http://aroundmainline.com/living/miss-independent.html

Honored Contributor

I don't remember her on QVC, I must have started watching after she left.  I heard a lot about her here.  That article - WOW - viewers sent her hate mail when she quit?  Disturbing on many levels.