Respected Contributor

At first when I read the headline I thought Kathy Lee Gifford had lung cancer. Then read further. I am not a fan in the least but hopefully her life gets back on track health wise.

Valued Contributor
I don't care for her..She is disrespectful and rude.
Honored Contributor

@Parischic wrote:
I don't care for her..She is disrespectful and rude.

@Parischic 

Just about every single man or woman who has worked in Comedy has had to be disrespectful.  That's often why we laugh at them. 

This is nothing new ..... or unusual.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because going off topic....political

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

oh well. She is a downright horrible person,

Irony is dead

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic and baiting

Esteemed Contributor

We obviously have different standards for different "celebs.". Sure would be nice if we held everyone to that standard.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Comedians like Joan Rivers, Don Rickles, and some others mocked and made fun of people without being mean. No one in the public arena was immune from their teasing.

Some comedians today are just rude and insulting. She is one. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I'm left to wonder if the outcome would have been the same if she was a man performer. I kinda doubt it.

@BlueFinch - Actually, the man (supposedly a friend) who talked her into doing it and took the photo, got away scot-free.  It seems he just faded into the background.  She took the full brunt of it.

She did not deserve what happened to her.  But we both know, as you said, that, if it had been a man, no way would the backlash have been so severe.

And I won't even comment about the things a particular "man" has said and done, but been applauded for, treated as though it's all one big joke, egged on.  Double standards all the way.  And what irony, considering.

Esteemed Contributor

Lover her, or hate her, she has been battling CANCER, and a divorce!!😟 I cannot imagine how difficult it must be navigating the two.😐 We should have compassion and empathy for those who are ill and struggling!!❤❤ I do not know her current struggles, and have been quite shocked by many of her antics, but am wishing her WELL along her long journey to physical and emotional well-being!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖