Trusted Contributor

Wow, she looks awesome, good for her; as a lot of us know it’s a tough journey!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Loved her in "Six Feet Under." She also was the director for some of its episodes.

@suzyQ3

That was in my Top.3.Series.Of.Ever.

AND it had THE BEST final episode of ANY.SERIES.EVER!

I'd like to see it all again.  Except for one particular episode that haunted me for a very long time.  Even now, thinking of it, I wish I could erase it from my memory.

@QueenDanceALot, I've never seen a more organically fitting ending for a series. It just blew us away.

You can see it. It's on either Netflix or Amazon Prime.

If you feel like sharing it, I'd love to know the episode that disturbed you so much. If not, I understand.

@suzyQ3

It was the episode where David picked up the hitchhiker and was then terrorized by him,

I will skip that episode when I rewatch the series.

Honored Contributor

Kathy Bates looks wonderful and I am happy she feels much better!  She is right about portion control, it is important when trying to lose weight.  I hope she maintains her weight and good health is with her.  Oh yes, she is a great actress and I have enjoyed her movies and TV shows.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kathy Bates weight loss

[ Edited ]

Kathy was always on the heavy side, but she was quite heavy before she lost the 60 pounds. I always thought she was attractive, but when you lose that much weight when you're older you lose something else too. I hope she's healthy now and doesn't think she needs to lose more.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Loved her in "Six Feet Under." She also was the director for some of its episodes.

@suzyQ3

I'd like to see it all again.  Except for one particular episode that haunted me for a very long time.  Even now, thinking of it, I wish I could erase it from my memory.

@QueenDanceALot, I've never seen a more organically fitting ending for a series. It just blew us away.

If you feel like sharing it, I'd love to know the episode that disturbed you so much. If not, I understand.

@suzyQ3

It was the episode where David picked up the hitchhiker and was then terrorized by him,

@QueenDanceALot, it was quite rough, wasn't it? But I don't think it was gratuitous. Everything in that series was an integral part of the whole. Still, I know I have some scenes or episodes in film that still nag at me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3

@suzyQ3

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of.    I can still see scenes from that ep.

The actor who played that guy is currently on a new-ish show - New Amsterdam.    He plays a rather slimy guy, but not as horrifying as the character he played on SFU.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3

@suzyQ3

@QueenDanceALot, it was quite rough, wasn't it? But I don't think it was gratuitous. Everything in that series was an integral part of the whole. Still, I know I have some scenes or episodes in film that still nag at me.

@suzyQ3

I found it horrifying.  And no, I don't think it was gratuitous either.  I think the series was stellar.

Thank you for mentioning Netflix and Amazon Prime.  There are so many things I want to see and there's only so much viewing time!  haha 

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

She recently revealed she had dropped 60lbs and now felt like a 'completely different person.'

And Kathy Bates looked unrecognisable as she stepped out for dinner at Craig's Restaurant in West Hollywood on Wednesday.

The Oscar-winning actress, 70, showed off her transformation as she debuted a new raven pixie crop and showcased her lithe figure while making a glowing arrival to the eaterie. 

The sighting comes as the American Horror Story star opened up about her weight loss journey and how her 'little niece' taught her to simply train her mind to 'push the plate away'. 

Asked how she shed the pounds, she told Us Weekly magazine: 'Mindfulness, just knowing when to push my plate away.' 

She continued: 'My niece told me this little, secret, I guess it's no secret, it's a biological thing, that at some point when you're eating, you have this involuntary sigh and that's really your brain and your stomach communicating that you've had enough. 

'The trick is to pay attention to that and push your plate away. It took a few years. I would say you have to be really patient ... I don't like the word willpower, but I like the word determination.' 

The actress battled ovarian and breast cancer in 2003 and 2012 respectively, and feels the healthiest she has ever been, but she wishes she had decided to lead a fitter lifestyle 'years ago'. 

She said: 'I have never been in such good health. I just had a physical. I'm doing great... I feel like a completely different person. I can move, I can walk. I just wish I had done it years ago.' 

Image result for kathy bates weight loss

I think her natural silver hair looked better on her than the dark dyed hair.

Honored Contributor

I saw her on tv this week being interviewed.  I didn't recognize her.  I think though, it was the the hair that did it.  The dark hair looks fabulous.  Of course, the weight loss looks good on her too.

Honored Contributor

I think she's fantastic, and I'm glad to hear she seems to be nice IRL.

One of my favorite Kathy Bates roles:

Image result for kathy bates as molly brown

Molly Brown in Titanic. I wish she could have done a whole movie about Molly Brown in her later years!