Respected Contributor

She recently revealed she had dropped 60lbs and now felt like a 'completely different person.'

And Kathy Bates looked unrecognisable as she stepped out for dinner at Craig's Restaurant in West Hollywood on Wednesday.

The Oscar-winning actress, 70, showed off her transformation as she debuted a new raven pixie crop and showcased her lithe figure while making a glowing arrival to the eaterie. 

The sighting comes as the American Horror Story star opened up about her weight loss journey and how her 'little niece' taught her to simply train her mind to 'push the plate away'. 

Asked how she shed the pounds, she told Us Weekly magazine: 'Mindfulness, just knowing when to push my plate away.' 

She continued: 'My niece told me this little, secret, I guess it's no secret, it's a biological thing, that at some point when you're eating, you have this involuntary sigh and that's really your brain and your stomach communicating that you've had enough. 

'The trick is to pay attention to that and push your plate away. It took a few years. I would say you have to be really patient ... I don't like the word willpower, but I like the word determination.' 

The actress battled ovarian and breast cancer in 2003 and 2012 respectively, and feels the healthiest she has ever been, but she wishes she had decided to lead a fitter lifestyle 'years ago'. 

She said: 'I have never been in such good health. I just had a physical. I'm doing great... I feel like a completely different person. I can move, I can walk. I just wish I had done it years ago.' 

Image result for kathy bates weight loss

Honored Contributor

Good for her. I hope this thread goes well. Smiley Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Good for her!  

I've always liked her.

Esteemed Contributor

Dolly Parton once said "Just don't be a piggy" which is also very good advice.

Honored Contributor

@lmt  I wonder if this was due to the cancer she had twice, I believe.  I saw her on Dr. Phil recently, and noticed the loss of weight.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lmt  I wonder if this was due to the cancer she had twice, I believe.  I saw her on Dr. Phil recently, and noticed the loss of weight.

@mousiegirl  In the above statement, she states it was due to portion control.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  In the above statement, she states it was due to portion control.

@lmt  Maybe the cancer got her started to begfin with, but agree that portion control and what one eats is the key.

Respected Contributor

I don't find her to be "unrecognizable" at all.  Just as lovely as ever!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re: Kathy Bates weight loss

[ Edited ]

I like to watch everything she is in.

I think she is such a good actress, one of the top actresses out there today.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I also like her updated "gamine" haircut with long bangs, and cute oversize glasses.  I almost never like solid black hair color next to mature faces, usually find it too harsh-- but on her it's looking good.  She's looking happy and vibrant.