Valued Contributor

Re: Kathlie Lee Gifford Says Bill Cosby Tried to Kiss Her

How many glasses of wine had she had when she relayed this fascinating story?

Respected Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Christmas Balls said:
On 12/16/2014 Ilikeshade said:
On 12/16/2014 brii said:

What's her point in revealing something like this now?

Because she also said that Beverly Johnson's story about the cappuccinos hit a nerve with her and sounded eerily familiar. Bill Cosby handed them out to Kathy Lee as well but obviously they were not dosed with anything. Had it been a different venue....like at his home, I'm sure he would've tried it on her too.

Thanks found. It would be helpful if that were added to the OP because it wasn't clear at all.

I agree! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} It was kind of a vital piece of the puzzle.

Super Contributor

Hey thanks for filling in the rest! I had no idea there was a piece missing.

Regular Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Love Roses said:

Nothing wrong with a peck on the cheek. Is she out to get attention?

This doesn't sound like she's describing a peck on the cheek.

Regular Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Tyak said:

Isn't her husband, Frank a known womanizer? At one time I mean, he's pretty old now, but then so is Bill.

Frank did cheat on Kathie Lee but there are no reports he drugged, raped, or molested women.

Honored Contributor

On 12/16/2014 brii said:

ITA

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/16/2014 brii said:

I'm wondering if she's trying to defend him somehow. Imply that if these women had said no he would have been a gentleman and gone home. I don't know the context of her statement but it's a bit strange.

I took it completely the other way. I thought she meant that, while she didn't see anything happen herself, just the fact that he tried to kiss her made her think it's possible that the accusations could be true.

Maybe he was hoping Kathy Lee would be willing to have an affair of the consenting variety. He apparently had plenty of those too.

Super Contributor

I think in this case Kathie should have just shut up. What is the point of talking about this now is right. She got away unscathed, so now all this revelation will do is bring her negative publicity and for what? Frankly I would not want that drama to surround my family at this point. People WILL start questioning what she meant by what she said and no good can come of it. I think she is an idiot.

Honored Contributor

On 12/16/2014 BeckiWV said:
On 12/16/2014 brii said:

I'm wondering if she's trying to defend him somehow. Imply that if these women had said no he would have been a gentleman and gone home. I don't know the context of her statement but it's a bit strange.

I took it completely the other way. I thought she meant that, while she didn't see anything happen herself, just the fact that he tried to kiss her made her think it's possible that the accusations could be true.

Maybe he was hoping Kathy Lee would be willing to have an affair of the consenting variety. He apparently had plenty of those too.

Hi Becky, Smiley Happy

I interpreted her remarks the same way you did.

Happy holidays. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe she was making the point that when she said no, he backed off and let her alone.