Respected Contributor

Re: Katherine Helmond Dead at Age 89

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

From the Foxnews site:

Katherine Helmond, the Tony-winning actress who played the ditzy Tate matriarch on the groundbreaking 1970s comedy "Soap" and starred on "Who’s the Boss?" among many other roles, died February 23 of Alzheimer’s complications at her home in Los Angeles. She was 89.  ... Helmond was also well-known for her recurring roles as Doris Sherman on ABC’s "Coach" (1995-97) opposite Craig T. Nelson and Jerry Van ******, and as Debra Barone’s mother Lois Whelan opposite Ray Romano and Patricia Heaton on the CBS hit series "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996-2004). More recent television credits included guest-starring roles on A&E’s "The Glades," as well as the role of Caroline Bellefleur on HBO’s "True Blood." 

She has been married for 57 years and her husband survives her.

I loved her on one of my favorite shows, Everybody Loves Raymond but reading the above, anyone notice Jerry Van ******'s name blocked out....lmao.  (and yes, they did it again just to prove my point of the sheer stupidity here and it makes me think  of the thread on common sense.  Totally gone, when it comes to those running these boards.)

Esteemed Contributor

Watched her every Tuesday night when Who's the Boss aired.

Was flipping thru Coach tv show and saw her on there not long ago.

Rest in Peace, Katherine.

Respected Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

From the Foxnews site:

Katherine Helmond, the Tony-winning actress who played the ditzy Tate matriarch on the groundbreaking 1970s comedy "Soap" and starred on "Who’s the Boss?" among many other roles, died February 23 of Alzheimer’s complications at her home in Los Angeles. She was 89.  ... Helmond was also well-known for her recurring roles as Doris Sherman on ABC’s "Coach" (1995-97) opposite Craig T. Nelson and Jerry Van ******, and as Debra Barone’s mother Lois Whelan opposite Ray Romano and Patricia Heaton on the CBS hit series "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996-2004). More recent television credits included guest-starring roles on A&E’s "The Glades," as well as the role of Caroline Bellefleur on HBO’s "True Blood." 

She has been married for 57 years and her husband survives her.

I loved her on one of my favorite shows, Everybody Loves Raymond but reading the above, anyone notice Jerry Van ******'s name blocked out....lmao.  (and yes, they did it again just to prove my point of the sheer stupidity here and it makes me think  of the thread on common sense.  Totally gone, when it comes to those running these boards.)

Totally understandable to not allow the word. It can be used as a nasty slur.  

Respected Contributor

I really loved her in Soap.  She was such a good actress and will be missed, may she rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 For crying out loud, it's a person's last name.   Perhaps we had better just outlaw the name and let's not stop there.  Let's go through all names and any that are suspect,  let's ban them.  

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 For crying out loud, it's a person's last name.   Perhaps we had better just outlaw the name and let's not stop there.  Let's go through all names and any that are suspect,  let's ban them.  

@Tyak .  Just think if you posted jerry’s brother’s name! You would get **** van ****LOL.  Isn’t this a program built in that does this? I don’t think it’s a conspiracy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

works without spacing

DickVanDyke

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

@Tyak .  Just think if you posted jerry’s brother’s name! You would get **** van ****LOL.  Isn’t this a program built in that does this? I don’t think it’s a conspiracy.

OMG!  I didn't think of that.  I think ****** is dead or the word police would have to do something about him and his nasty name.  Your post really has me laughing now!

Sorry but this just gets funnier and funnier with all the **********

Esteemed Contributor

I loved her in everything she did .... my favorite was SOAP .... MAY SHE REST IN PEACE ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Aww...I really like her.

I liked her too.  Good to see you croemer, been missing you for too long.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam