Honored Contributor

Re: Katharine McPhee/David Foster Pregnancy

I always think it's like roulette and/or like musical chairs.

Will he have something wrong with him so she'll have to nurse him before he divorces her.

I'm thinking of Ric Ocasek and the model Paulina.  She stayed married to him for 28 years.  She found him unconscious when she brought him a cup of coffee in the morning and touched his cheek.

Anyway, he totally cut her out of his will right before he died.  He was recuperating from some kind of surgery.  

They had two sons together.  When she married him, she quit modeling.

She's issued several statements in the beginning where she wasn't happy about totally being cut out of his will because she gave up her career once they married.

If she'd just held on a little longer she probably would still have been in his will.

That's what I thought about.  It's like roulette being married to an old guy like that.

I remember once talking to an attractive lady at Costco.  We started a conversation about me being a widow.  She said she'd been married several times.  She said she was in her 60's and a man from her past wanted to marry her.

She said she wasn't going to do that because he was in his late 70's and at this time in her life wasn't about to nurse someone.  She'd done it with one of her other husbands and now wanted to live a little.

I could see her point if she'd just done that she it wasn't in her wheel house to do it again.

My neighbor said her father was a widow and he had a girlfriend in another state.  He was pushing 80.  His girl friend was about that age.  Her family wanted them to get married but she was in poor health.

My neighbor didn't want her Dad (who was in excellent health) to marry her because he'd have to move where she was.  He didn't know anyone and would have to nurse her.

In the end he didn't move there and he didn't marry her.  He did move from his big house to a condo.  The daughter sold his house and as far as I know is doing well in one of those places for old(er) people.  He has more girlfriends than he can count.  H!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Well he did stick by his wife Yolanda when she had Lyme. Although he finally did leave. I doubt if anyone as wealthy as he is needs to marry someone for a nurse.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  What? She was of age!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  I don't think that's why he married her.

But even the article insinuated mid-life crisis.  However, that's far from mid-life.

I always admired a famous person who married a woman closer to his or her age.

That's something you don't see much anymore.  There are always a lot of young women who are willing to marry these old(er) men.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It´s 5:30 right now. Was waiting for that time so that I can sit back with a glass of wine and read what everyone has to say about the Fosters.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I was thinking about him sticking by Yolanda's side when she had Lyme.

I watched the real housewives during that time and I'd say it was questionable how much he ACTUALLY stayed beside her at that time.

To be fair, and taking into account her struggle (my daughter had Lyme and it still pops up from time to time) she seemed a little ..... well...

Mainly I got the impression he wanted to go go go and she just didn't have the energy to keep up with him.  She'd make little noises that could be read as he was 'slipping away'.

Super Contributor

How wonderful! He is so talented! I can't remember what show they were both on but they were so happy-in-love! ❤️ May her pregnancy and birth go smoothly!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Historically it's always been the age of an older woman that was atrributed to a child being born with down's syndrome but according to French scientists it is also old sperm as well as causing dwarfism.