Honored Contributor

She looks lovely.  I like her dress better.  I am not big on that color for me, but it looks stunning on her.  She has GREAT hair, and she's such a classy woman.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I am not into lace, but the dress is beautiful and she looks stunning in it. 

Respected Contributor

love the style, love the color and the shoes to match.  suits her wonderfully.

Honored Contributor

I love everything she wears.

She has great style.

Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

11144725_5515952_480.jpg

I like the v-neck version of her Dolce and Gabbana dress better (either way, she looked overdressed for the event now that I see the entire story!)

I think the shoes and belt on this are hideous and the neckline is obvious. Its already a lace dress why the over emphasis by giving it a v neck? overdone .

Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom

Good point...lace is already a very dressy fabric on its own so adding more accessories  just makes that knockoff dress look overdone.  

Valued Contributor

I am out-numbered here but it's not my favorite look I've seen her in.  It seems old for her and very mother-of-the bride.  She is a beautiful woman and I love seeing pictures of her. Love her style, and yes, she has the prettiest hair!!

I don't really care for lace dresses now that I think about it.

Honored Contributor

I see nothing wrong with the v-neck version of this dress.  I don't like the belt or the shoes.  Some people could never wear that lace up on their neck for various reasons.  I think it's gorgeous but that would itch me like crazy.  LOL

There have been tons of versions of lace dresses in the marketplace for the past couple of years. 

Tadashi Shoji and Adrianna Pappell have done versions I saw at Nordstrom and both had a v-neck.  Cache had a lace dress, also in a v-neck.  Even Colleen Lopez did a v-neck lace dress for her own collection on HSN which was so popular, she brought it back a couple of times and is now making it into a top.  

Honored Contributor

She always looks stunning. Classy, pretty, has great taste and style.

Respected Contributor

The first lady of China is wearing a satin dress under her coat which has a decorative cut to it and I saw in other photos women in lace so I do not think Kate's dress is out of place for the event.