Honored Contributor

Re: Kate's Dress At Pippa Wedding Left Mixed Feelings

Anyone who thinks Kate's dress was unattractive or inappropriate should look at all the wedding guest photos on the Daily Mail site. 

dailymail dot co dot uk

I think it's safe to say that American tastes in suitable upper class wedding attire are somewhat different to UK tastes 😮

I can't even....

Kate looked far more appropriate, and certainly less matronly, than nearly all of those photographed, IMO. It was either OTT what were they thinking, or utterly devoid of any style.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

I should have a caption of 'musing about the postings'  I read them all and I noticed something peculiar.  This is besides the the dress is pink, no it is not, the dress is matronly, no it is not, the bust is ill fitting an so on.  I only saw one post referring to the males in the wedding party.  Very little critique of the men.  Why is that?  Oh, never mind, I believe I can respond to my own hypothetical question.  Answer, because it is women doing the postings and they are inherently overly critical of their own.  I apologize to all those positive posters who had wonderful things to say about this celebratory event. 

I thought Kate looked her usual classy self. Quiet elegance is alive and well when Kate puts together her clothing. If that is a frumpy dress, I guess I must have been often labeled frumpy because it was something I would have worn myself...

Respected Contributor

I think Kate looks elegant and classy like usual and ^5 to her for not trying to steal attention away from the bride.  A difficult task to downplay herself but she did it with grace and style.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Hayfield

and you are right about jane matthews also! she looked gorgeous.....

pippa2.jpeg

What a handsome couple!

I love her coat and the color of shoes and bag!  

I think she is stunning and her ensemble is perfection.  He is quite dapper himself.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2. ITA. Stunning couple.

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

Yes, J Matthews dress was gorgeous! Kate's dress was quite sad, too long and out of style IMO.
Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Personally, I thought the dress was ill-fitting in the bodice area and imo looked frumpy.

I agree, the fit seemed off... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Pippa's MIL got it SO right... Lovely ensemble... and just think, she didn't upstage the bride...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an incredible photograph--gorgeous woman, gorgeous dress, supreme class!

Honored Contributor

Well, we all have different opinions. I think the dress MIL wore looks like something RNs wore in the 1940s. Utterly plain and unattractive.

IMG_0855.JPG

Life without Mexican food is no life at all