Respected Contributor

Re: Kate's Dress At Pippa Wedding Left Mixed Feelings

No mixed feelings from me. I thought she looked lovely and appropriate. She never disappoints, IMHO. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

"Turns out big brother was the one who had the meltdown."

And Kate scolding him.  Priceless!!!!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Consider Kate has impeccable taste the dress seemed like a total miss.

The fit at the bosom was off, the color seemed an obvious  to make me  invisible statement  and the style of a 65 year older mother of the bride (no offense intended to older MOB's).

The hats are a true tradition in England and always find them interesting.

ITA. I'm no fashion expert, but to me Kate's dress, though lovely in it's own right, seemed like it was made for someone much older...it MADE her look old.

Honored Contributor

I already posted what I had to say about Kate's dress on the Pippa dress thread where many others did also.

Respected Contributor

Okay, this is just a little joke I'm trying to make so please take it in that vein. After just now viewing a couple of videos showing Princess Kate wrangling that bunch of little kiddos, I think she should have been wearing tennis shoes and comfortable sweats to Pippa's wedding. Ha!!!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Kate may not have chosen this dress, it may have been selected by her sister. Maybe Pipa didn't want anyone to outshine her!

Kate would know, as every woman knows, that you don't dress to compete with the bride or get people buzzing about bold fashion statements at a wedding.  As for the idea that Pippa chose her sister's dress or needed to tell her what she could/couldn't wear - ludicrous.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pippa selected a frumpy dress for her sister. She didn't want a repeat.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Yes, love the hat....looks whimsical and down the rabbit hole!  RE Kate wearing a conservative dress because of her royalty status, I think this whole Pippa wedding was overshadowed by the royalty stigma.  I question if Pippa's dress would have been so matronly and her ring so ostentatious (both very royalty influence), if her sister hadn't been Kate.  I could have imagined Pippa in a lavish flowing stunning summer bride's dress with a generous but reasonable-sized diamond that was elegant and gorgeous.  She is not royalty, but perhaps feels like she needs/wants (hmmmm....she did wear that ivory dress to Kate's wedding) to play the part.  Just a thought.

Pippa's husband is quite wealthy; he could afford to buy her whatever she wanted as a ring, in her own right, nothing to do with any faux competition or oneupmanship.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I already posted what I had to say about Kate's dress on the Pippa dress thread where many others did also.

You posted here to say you posted somewhere else?  LOL   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

Pippa selected a frumpy dress for her sister. She didn't want a repeat.

@missy1    Gosh, people can find bad motives in anything.   

And you have it on what authority exactly  that Pippa selected the dress that Kate wore?