Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kate may wear

[ Edited ]

Catherine, Princess of Wales and Prince William, Prince of Wales during the Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla on May 06, 2023 in London, England.

The Coronation of King Charles III, London, UK - 06 May 2023

Kate wore the George VI Festoon Necklace made in 1950 at the request of King George VI for his daughter Princess Elizabeth. Picture: Phil Noble / Pool / AFP

Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis stood behind their parents. Picture: Phil Noble / Pool / AFP

Princess Kate, 41, wore a dress by Alexander McQueen (the designer behind her 2011 wedding gown — also debuted at Westminster Abbey) in ivory silk crepe with silver bullion and thread work embroidery featuring rose, thistle, daffodil and shamrock motifs — symbolizing the U.K.'s four nations.

The outfit was topped with a Jess Collett x Alexander McQueen headpiece with silver bullion, crystal and silver thread work three-dimensional leaf embroidery.

Kate wore pearl and diamond earrings belonging to Diana, Princess of Wales. Picture: Odd Andersen / AFP

Dignitaries and members of the Royal family arrive at Westminster Abbey to attend the King's Coronation on 6th May 2023 in London, UK.

Kate also wore some sentimental jewels, including pearl and diamond earrings that belonged to her late mother-in-law, Princess Diana. She also wore the George VI Festoon Necklace, a piece made in 1950 at the request of King George VI for his daughter Princess Elizabeth (later Queen Elizabeth).

Princess Charlotte, 8, stands with little brother Louis, 5, and mum Kate at  King Charles' coronation | The US Sun

Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis hold hands at the coronation

Respected Contributor

@lil sophie wrote:

or she can just wear gold leaves

leaves.jpg

@lil sophie 

Wow ! You called it pretty darn close.

Honored Contributor

Imagine wearing a crown for REAL! "Your wish is my COMMAND!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Very nice pics @MorningLover.

Thanks for posting them.

Prince Louis looks angelic! 

Respected Contributor

If I were a princess I'd wear my tiara everywhere!!! Are you kidding!?!!! I wouldn't take it off

Respected Contributor

Princess Charlott's headpiece looks like one row of her mother's headpiece. Charlotte seem to have a very firm grasp of Louis's hand.....just in case. Am so happy he made it through the entire ceremony with angelic behavior. 

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I thought I read there would be no tiaras allowed except for the new queen and her crown.. Not sure, but she's beautiful in anything.

Yes, you were right. I heard the same thing. No tiaras.

Super Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@lil sophie wrote:

or she can just wear gold leaves

leaves.jpg

@lil sophie 

Wow ! You called it pretty darn close.

a lucky guess I guess

maidenhair.jpg

Honored Contributor

I didn't finish the thread, but one of the few things I heard today was tiaras were "banned."  Too many queens, I guess.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Kate may wear

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lil sophie wrote:

a crown of flowers instead of a tiara for the coronation.  What think you?

flowers.jpg

@lil sophie 

Did you actually read this somewhere, or is this speculation on your part?

I've read in a few places that Charles expects Kate to "tone down" her outfit so attention isn't taken away from him.   What is she supposed to wear ... a burlap bag?

Remember how he used to get upset when Diana got more attention than he did?  That might be why he feels so comfortable with Camilla ... with her, he is definitely the prettier one.   Woman LOL

I

That is so true!  I said at the time frame it all happened; you rarely see a man cheat with an older uglier woman!