Trusted Contributor

Re: Kate and William are moving

@lgfan  That interview didn't help Oprah's reputation any, but at this point, I doubt she cares since she's got more money than she knows what to do with.

I don't think anything they say at this point can undo the damage they've already done. They are basically irrelevant now and only technically part of the Royal Family.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Do not care at all  about pampered, elitist Royals. 

@ellaphant  Oh sure you do or you'd have just skipped over this thread. Actions speak louder...

Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic "I don't think anything they say at this point can undo the damage they've already done. They are basically irrelevant now and only technically part of the Royal Family."

I would still like to know on what basis did they get those huge deals with Netflix and the other company who's name I forgot.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@BoopOMatic "I don't think anything they say at this point can undo the damage they've already done. They are basically irrelevant now and only technically part of the Royal Family."

I would still like to know on what basis did they get those huge deals with Netflix and the other company who's name I forgot.

@lgfan  Spotify.  So far they've produced one podcast.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@lgfan ... On the basis of their connections to the royal family, but probably best that we not go there...

Adelaide Cottage looks like a charming place. Charles has pretty much said he doesn't look forward to a palace or castle experience. There's been some talk that he'll reside at one of his favorite homes, Highgrove House.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Charles lived at Highgrove when he was married to Diana.
Honored Contributor

I've read recently in these articles about Wm's move to Adelaide that Charles intends to live in Buckingham Palace when he is king.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I've read recently in these articles about Wm's move to Adelaide that Charles intends to live in Buckingham Palace when he is king.

@Pearlee  What I read is that he'll keep an apartment there but essentially wants Buck House to be a museum. QE2 is apparently not happy about it. Who knows. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking for myself, I'd not like living in one of those monstrosity type places, despite the beautiful furnishings, art and so on. They just don't seem like real homes. Highgrove is quite lovely and while I'm sure it's splendid, it is a house, not a palace.

Highgrove House, Prince Charles's Residence: Everything to Know

Inspiration: Highgrove English Gardens - Scene Therapy

Highgrove House, Hazyview – Updated 2022 Prices

Prince Charles allows virtual tour of Clarence House and Highgrove | Daily  Mail Online

Honored Contributor

Security probably wouldn't be to keen on it either. When we took our tour of England I was on the tour bus at the front of the house and there is too many places to hide. Be a security nightmare.

(you could just stop on the road and paused for a few minutes)