Honored Contributor

Re: Kate and William are moving

[ Edited ]

And I bet William and Kate don't spend 5 minutes worrying over acquiring moving boxes or toiling over packing them.

I thought they lived somewhere at a mansion in the country that the queen gave them.  There was talk about the kids going to a school nearby.

Anmer Hall is a Georgian country house in the village of Anmer in Norfolk, England. Built in the 19th century, it was acquired by the Sandringham Estate sometime after Queen Victoria purchased the property, and has previously been leased to business owners, civil servants, and members of the British royal family. It is currently the country residence of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, given to the couple as a wedding gift by Elizabeth II.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

From what I have read and observed, Kate and William represent the best of the royals.  I am a few years older than Charles and watched his life over the decades, never a fan, he was never a good fit for his "superior" demeanor! 

Respected Contributor

Not at all interested in pampered, elitist Royals.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

@ellaphant    Why, then, do you continue to read and comment on these threads about them?  You've managed to make the above statement TWICE in this one thread.  Most people don't read, let alone comment twice, when they're disinterested.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the article from People:

Prince William and Kate Middleton are poised to make a major move.

The royal couple are planning to relocate from their London home at Kensington Palace to a new residence some 30 miles west in Berkshire, the county that houses the Queen's primary residence, Windsor Castle.

The move, which was first reported by the Sunday Times, reflects the changing needs of the couple's three children: Prince George who turns 9 in July, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4.

George and Charlotte will leave their London prep school, Thomas's Battersea, at the end of the current term, PEOPLE confirms, and will enroll in a school in the Windsor area.

It has been widely reported that the family will occupy Adelaide Cottage on the Windsor estate, but that is unconfirmed. The palace had no comment.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@ellaphant    Why, then, do you continue to read and comment on these threads about them?

@Kachina624  Funny isn't it? I see a few posters doing the same thing. They think they're putting other posters down. They just look silly.

Respected Contributor

I've also never understood the fascination with the "Royals" but never comment.  I guess if I did, I would also look silly????  Is this how anyone who has an opposing view is looked at?  Do we all agree with everything and everyone on these boards?  I think not .... give them their space to comment just as you have your say. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom wrote:

I've also never understood the fascination with the "Royals" but never comment.  I guess if I did, I would also look silly????  Is this how anyone who has an opposing view is looked at?  Do we all agree with everything and everyone on these boards?  I think not .... give them their space to comment just as you have your say. 

@Hoovermom  There are different ways to disagree. I'm sure you know this. You just disagreed as the polite person that you are.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom   Opposing views are great.  They stimulate discussion.  People just don't compute when the continue to read then post that they're disinterested.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I guess she thinks we care so much about her opinion that she has to repeat it. And needs attention.